Cannot set TM as primary
Thread poster: Dr. Jason Faulkner

Dr. Jason Faulkner  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:25
Member (2006)
Spanish to English
Mar 18, 2015

I recently did a project online with MemoQ. Now I'm back in my default offline mode but I cannot set my regular TM as the primary. I tried creating a new one from scratch and even that one cannot be set as the primary or master. I noticed the names of the TMs in the list are now in italics, but they're stored locally. Any suggestions?

Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 15:25
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
More information? Mar 18, 2015

Translation memories appear in italics when they are not in the same language pair direction as the one in the active project. For example, if a TM is in English>Greek and your project is in Greek>English, the name of this TM will appear in italics in the list of TMs.

As for why you can't set a TM as primary, can you describe the exact steps that you are following?

[Edited at 2015-03-18 13:29 GMT]

Dr. Jason Faulkner  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:25
Member (2006)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Oops Mar 18, 2015

That was the problem. Thanks so much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot set TM as primary

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search