Cannot set TM as primary
Thread poster: Dr. Jason Faulkner

Dr. Jason Faulkner  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:39
Member (2006)
Spanish to English
Mar 18, 2015

I recently did a project online with MemoQ. Now I'm back in my default offline mode but I cannot set my regular TM as the primary. I tried creating a new one from scratch and even that one cannot be set as the primary or master. I noticed the names of the TMs in the list are now in italics, but they're stored locally. Any suggestions?

Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 20:39
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
More information? Mar 18, 2015

Translation memories appear in italics when they are not in the same language pair direction as the one in the active project. For example, if a TM is in English>Greek and your project is in Greek>English, the name of this TM will appear in italics in the list of TMs.

As for why you can't set a TM as primary, can you describe the exact steps that you are following?

[Edited at 2015-03-18 13:29 GMT]

Dr. Jason Faulkner  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:39
Member (2006)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Oops Mar 18, 2015

That was the problem. Thanks so much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot set TM as primary

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search