you are blessed because you can
offer God's healing touch.

If you can read this message,
you are more blessed than over
two billion people in the world
that cannot read anything at all.

You are so blessed in ways
you may never even know.

If you are a recipient of a blessing, keep the blessing alive by being the source of blessing to other people.

Direct link Reply with quote

moya  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:41
French to English
+ ...
oh so true Jun 10, 2004

Don't we all complain about such trivial little things sometimes.
I have already had those blessings before, but thanks for sharing and reminding them to me again.

Have a nice day,
moya

Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:41
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Right Jun 10, 2004

Although some discomfort might lead to a more profound life, some people get too much discomfort.
Although wealthy doesn't predominantly make people living happily, lack of basic facilities doesn't either.
Receiving abundance without being thankfull and happy probably makes the abundance to something contradictory to a blessing.

Let's be thankfull for out blessings, carefully guard them and hope healthiness, freedom, basic facilites, prudence and thankfullness will spread and reach more people.

xxxgitacsurya
Local time: 19:11
English to French
+ ...
La vie est notre plus grande Bénédiction! Jun 11, 2004

Your posting reminds me of a folk tale from some Arabic nation. There once lived a man who had this strange habit: each morning, when he arose from his bed, he would say to himself," Thank God the Sun has risen!" And so it went for him throughout the day. At every twist and turn of the day, with every encounter and for any occurrence whatsoever, this good man would thank his stars that the Sun had not failed in his Mighty Duty.
One day, the business of this gentleman, let us call him Abhou Ben Le Reconnaissant, failed. And guess his reaction!
And so he went from the greatest comfort to the harshest poverty. He trudged through the dunes of live, even as we all do from time to time. But the difference is in the unfailing reaction (albeit a verbal one- as a Hindu I quote the power of the Mantra).
I apologize for letting you down and confessing that I can't quite recall the ending of this wonderful tale but I can vouch for its powerful effect on my own life. Even though I am the world's foremost whiner (neither winer nor wiener!), these words sustain me even as do those of our friend here, whose name I have not noted in the hurry to post this!
Salaam Aleikum, salut and namaste to all here,
Gita

Agnieszka Hayward
Poland
German to Polish
+ ...
simply happy to be there Jun 11, 2004

Henk Peelen wrote:
Receiving abundance without being thankfull and happy probably makes the abundance to something contradictory to a blessing.

Henk, you are so right.
I am happy to read this forum, as it is my daily routine to appreciate all I've been given. Including the things I have worked hard to get; what satisfaction!

Also including wonderful friends and true love. Including health and the ability to work. Including the well-being of my parents.
And so many other things we take for granted until one day they're not so obvious anymore...

I am not glad that so many people are in a position far worse than mine, but am grateful I can experience a positively sorrow-free life.

...and...

Believe it or not, but I find greater pleasure in watching my cats play (and sometimes fight, yeah...) than watching TV or reading newspapers with their terryfying news every day.
I definitely feel blessed by these two feline beings who don't seem to have much against me being their life companion.

Call me a cat maniac, but they give me so much joy and tranquility...

Hope this wasn't too much off-topic for this forum.

Rahi Moosavi wrote:

You are so blessed in ways
you may never even know.

If you are a recipient of a blessing, keep the blessing alive by being the source of blessing to other people.

Rahi, this is beautiful...

Regards from Warsaw in bloom
Agnieszka

[Edited at 2004-06-11 20:51]

Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
great minds... Jun 12, 2004

tygru wrote:

Believe it or not, but I find greater pleasure in watching my cats play (and sometimes fight, yeah...) than watching TV or reading newspapers with their terryfying news every day.
I definitely feel blessed by these two feline beings who don't seem to have much against me being their life companion.

Beleive it or not, but I don't even have one. Being raised in a region where peace and quiet was deemed important (my neighbour took away the cock form the hens saterday night because he thought even the chickens should take rest as much as possible on sunday), I decided not to buy another one after my umpteenth 10-Euros second hand TV throw in the towel. I used to note that people who didn't have TV were in the habit of being more tranquil and had a sharper mind. For that reason a lot of artistic people used to have no TV and were / are resisting the noisy tinsel effect of the media.
I think it is better to consider the things you encounter and try to discover the wider context instead of seeing a lot of prefab news and shows everyday.

Actually you miss a lot of useful information as well, but you have more time to think up and do things that are actually more interesting.

[Edited at 2004-06-12 16:20]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blessings

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search