LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:18
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Aug 19, 2013

http://www.census.gov/hhes/socdemo/language/data/language_map.html

I found this interesting - based on the 2011 American Community Survey data, the US Census Bureau has published mapping data of the concentrations of speakers of various languages, with a breakdown of overall speakers of the language and those who identify their English as "less than very good".

Closing the explanatory pop-up that appears in the middle will allow you to proceed to selecting the desired language and level. You can zoom in and out and adjust the map background as desired.

Direct link Reply with quote

Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:18
Spanish to English
+ ...
Neat Aug 19, 2013

Thus making the US the second largest Spanish speaking country in the world, second only to Mexico in number of native Spanish speakers.

So do I live in my source or target language country?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

US Census Bureau Language Mapper tool

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search