Problem finding personal glossaries
Thread poster: Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:55
German to English
Nov 2, 2006

Hi folks - I was just now trying to upload a personal glossary to Wikiwords and was informed that I would first have to convert it to UTF-8.

"Please note:
You should convert your personal glossary to UTF-8 on ProZ.com before importing. If you do not, it may not appear correctly in Wikiwords."

Then I went to my profile to see if I could figure out how to convert it to UTF-8 and discovered that I can no longer find my glossaries in the new profile format.
... See more
Hi folks - I was just now trying to upload a personal glossary to Wikiwords and was informed that I would first have to convert it to UTF-8.

"Please note:
You should convert your personal glossary to UTF-8 on ProZ.com before importing. If you do not, it may not appear correctly in Wikiwords."

Then I went to my profile to see if I could figure out how to convert it to UTF-8 and discovered that I can no longer find my glossaries in the new profile format.

Can someone let me know what I've overlooked?
Collapse

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:55
Italian to English
Found it Nov 3, 2006

Hi Kim

I had a job finding it too. On the Profile page it's on the menu list between Portfolio and Translation Education (unless it's been restored in response to your post).

Russell

Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:55
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Personal glossaries Nov 3, 2006

Thank you, Russell. I found it too after I clicked on "Click for standardized information."

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem finding personal glossaries

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »