Thread poster: Elías Sauza

Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 11:11
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 30, 2007

I have a support ticket open since November 12, 2007. My hosting email account has been experiencing problems. It sometimes receives emails and sometimes it does not from the same email accounts from my clients. This means that it is not the configuration of the spam trap on my side.

Also, yesterday I received hundreds of emails from the site spam killers. It seems that my domain has been used to create numerous email accounts for sending messages to people all over the world. Today I'm still receiving "Out of Office" and the like replies. Perhaps some "Mr. Thomas from Texas" is playing havoc with my account.

I reported this issue but I have not heard from anybody at Proz.com.

Regards,

Elías

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:11
English to German
+ ...
OT: Known problem Nov 30, 2007

Hi Elías,
OT as far as your main issue is concerned...

Also, yesterday I received hundreds of emails from the site spam killers. It seems that my domain has been used to create numerous email accounts for sending messages to people all over the world. Today I'm still receiving "Out of Office" and the like replies. Perhaps some "Mr. Thomas from Texas" is playing havoc with my account.

Not even that - the standard technique is to use an address (or multiple - often randomly-generated - addresses) from someone else's domain as the Reply to address. That way, spammers avoid the avalanche of error messages they usually trigger. I get hundreds of those error messages on my two domains each day. Not a problem for a sensible spam filter, though.

Best, Ralf

Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 11:11
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Partly addressed Dec 1, 2007

Thanks for your prompt response, Ralf. I wish I had some help about the other half of the problem. Either there is a solution or not, I'd just like to hear something.
This part is as much important as the other because sometimes I just don't receive emails from my clients. This could mean that I have been missing important messages such as job opportunities.

Regards,

Elías

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please address my support ticket

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search