Thread poster: Graciela Guzman

Graciela Guzman  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 04:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 26, 2005

Hello eveybody,
I recently bought a new computer and its operating system is Windows XP - SP2. Office is XP - SP3. The antivirus is Norton 2004 and it also has the Microsoft AntiSpyWare and the Firewall 2004.
I use Outlook Express 6.0 for my emails and this combination is driving me mad. I cannot send attachments nor can I receive them, which is a real problem since I receive and send the files this way.
I had a look at the Help section and I deactivated the protection for the email. Now I can send attachments and receive them.
Could anybody please tell me if this is correct or if there is another way to solve my problem? I'm afraid of having made a mistake.
Any help you could give will be really appreciated.

[Edited at 2005-02-26 18:28]

Direct link Reply with quote

Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
it's fine Feb 26, 2005

Graciela Guzman wrote:
I had a look at the Help section and I deactivated the protection for the email. Now I can send attachments and receive them.
Could anybody please tell me if this is correct or if there is another way to solve my problem? I'm afraid of having made a mistake.
Any help you could give will be really appreciated.

[Edited at 2005-02-26 18:28]

Hola Gra,
I think what you've done is fine and enough.
In OE Options, Security tab, make sure the box for "no permitir que se abran o guarden archivos adjuntos..." (I've got an English version) is UNticked.

Chaucito!
Graciela.

Graciela Guzman  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 04:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Feb 26, 2005

¡Muchas gracias, tocaya!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with attachments in email

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search