Thread poster: Joan Berglund
Joan Berglund
Joan Berglund  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:21
Member (2008)
French to English
Nov 3, 2009

I have not used Trados for several days. Today I tried to open Translator's workbench and was not able to open any memories - the message was that the memory language did not match the languages used during installation. I checked the program languages, and somehow, although I installed it for English and French and have been using it successfully for nearly a year, the current languages installed are showing as German, Danish and Bulgarian. I tried reinstalling the program, but it did not gi... See more
I have not used Trados for several days. Today I tried to open Translator's workbench and was not able to open any memories - the message was that the memory language did not match the languages used during installation. I checked the program languages, and somehow, although I installed it for English and French and have been using it successfully for nearly a year, the current languages installed are showing as German, Danish and Bulgarian. I tried reinstalling the program, but it did not give me an option to change the installation languages, and they are still showing as German, Danish and Bulgarian.Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 13:21
English to Czech
+ ...
Registry entries Nov 3, 2009

Hi Joan,
some time ago, Gregorz posted a nice list of language codes defined in the system registry. Please refer to the following thread on how to change the five languages: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/148435-how_to_change_default_5_languages.html

I hope this helps.

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:21
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
MSOffice upgraded? Nov 4, 2009

Hello Joan,

apart from Stanislav's suggestion to check the registry, have you upgraded MSOffice after using Trados the last time? If yes, my fastest solution is to de- & re-install Trados. Touching the registry is fast, but requires some "confidence" and knowing where and what to do in order to avoid bigger headaches.

Giuliana

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 13:21
English to Czech
+ ...
Definitely Nov 4, 2009

Giuliana Buscaglione wrote:
Touching the registry is fast, but requires some "confidence" and knowing where and what to do in order to avoid bigger headaches.

Definitely. I'm sorry, I forgot to add this important piece of information. Thank you, Guiliana.

Joan Berglund
Joan Berglund  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:21
Member (2008)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your suggestions Nov 4, 2009

I have not upgraded MS Office, but I did uninstall Dragon Dictate, perhaps that did something funny. I uninstalled several other programs as well, but none of the others should interact with Office or Trados, they were just old games and the like. I will try your suggestions. Naturally, I got a long rush job in. The client didn't specify the CAT program, so I am just going to use Wordfast since I don't have any extra time to mess around. It will be a couple days before I get a chance to get... See more
I have not upgraded MS Office, but I did uninstall Dragon Dictate, perhaps that did something funny. I uninstalled several other programs as well, but none of the others should interact with Office or Trados, they were just old games and the like. I will try your suggestions. Naturally, I got a long rush job in. The client didn't specify the CAT program, so I am just going to use Wordfast since I don't have any extra time to mess around. It will be a couple days before I get a chance to get back to trying to fix Trados, I will let you know how it goes.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 installed source and target language have changed

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »