Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:20
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Jan 25, 2016

G'day everyone

I exported SDLXLIFF files to DOCX using the "Bilingual Review" feature, then edited the DOCX files in Word 2010, and then imported the DOCX files back into Trados. However, tags were imported as plain text. I checked the style of the tags in MS Word, and they are definitely "Tag", and I did not move the tags around. Why would this happen? How can I avoid it (i.e. how can I make Trados 2015 import the tags as tags)?

The only odd thing in this project i
... See more
G'day everyone

I exported SDLXLIFF files to DOCX using the "Bilingual Review" feature, then edited the DOCX files in Word 2010, and then imported the DOCX files back into Trados. However, tags were imported as plain text. I checked the style of the tags in MS Word, and they are definitely "Tag", and I did not move the tags around. Why would this happen? How can I avoid it (i.e. how can I make Trados 2015 import the tags as tags)?

The only odd thing in this project is that the files are IDML.SDLXLIFF, and I get a "dependency not found" error message whenever I deal with the files. I also got that warning when I imported from Bilingual Review. However, it's not my fault that the dependency file is not found... so that shouldn't matter, right? The SDLXLIFF files are from a package sent my a client.

This is what it looks like after importing the Bilingual Review file:

Any ideas what I can do?

Samuel
Collapse

steve8000818
steve8000818
China
Local time: 12:20
Japanese to English
+ ...
Any solution? I have the same problem Jan 11

Any solution? I have the same problem

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:20
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can't remember Jan 12

I can't remember this error. All I know is that I never use Trados' bilingual review feature anymore. I also tried it with later versions, and it's always a gamble whether it will import or throw a cryptic error and leave you stuck with a DOCX file full of translations that you just can't use.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Perhaps Jan 12

Perhaps a tiny difference in the definition of the style that is used for tags?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bilingual review imports tags as plain text, Trados 2015

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »