Joaquim Siles-Borràs
Joaquim Siles-Borràs  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:23
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 17, 2006

Hi all,
I have been working on a job with TagEditor for the last couple of days. As always, no probs. however, now, all the sudden, when closing every segment I get this message: "Could not locate the Microsoft Word spelling components for the current target language. Please ensure that your Microsoft Word dictionaries are installed and tested".

Does anybody know what might have happened and how could it resolved? If I open Word, the spellchecker works perfectly well. So I do
... See more
Hi all,
I have been working on a job with TagEditor for the last couple of days. As always, no probs. however, now, all the sudden, when closing every segment I get this message: "Could not locate the Microsoft Word spelling components for the current target language. Please ensure that your Microsoft Word dictionaries are installed and tested".

Does anybody know what might have happened and how could it resolved? If I open Word, the spellchecker works perfectly well. So I do not know why now, all the sudden, TagEditor has decided that it cannot locate it.

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks a lot.
Joaquim
Collapse

nrgetic
nrgetic  Identity Verified
Spain
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
close and try again Oct 17, 2006

Hello,

Check wether MS Word is running typing ctl+alt+del and look for it in the processes. End the process and close Tageditor. After that, open tageditor again and check if the problem persists.

Best,

Natalia

Joaquim Siles-Borràs
Joaquim Siles-Borràs  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much, Natalia. Oct 17, 2006

Thanks you so much, Natalia. I followed your instruction s and now is back on again. I still do not know what heppened, but the most important thing is that works.
Muchas gracias.
Quim

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
When Tageditor starts, it starts a hidden instance of Word in the background Oct 17, 2006

Now, when Tageditor is open and you then open a Word file and manually close Word afterwards, the connection between Tageditor and Word is broken. This is one scenario, how this happens.
Another one is, when Tageditor hangs and is closed. The Word instance it started is however not closed at the same time. So when you now start Tageditor again it cannot open a next Word instance, as already one is running. But it also cannot connect to the running instance of Word, so the error you describ
... See more
Now, when Tageditor is open and you then open a Word file and manually close Word afterwards, the connection between Tageditor and Word is broken. This is one scenario, how this happens.
Another one is, when Tageditor hangs and is closed. The Word instance it started is however not closed at the same time. So when you now start Tageditor again it cannot open a next Word instance, as already one is running. But it also cannot connect to the running instance of Word, so the error you described appears.
Another possiblilty is a Word instance in the backgruond, left there by Word crash.

Just follow the procedure described by Natalia any time you have trouble with the spellchecker and everything should be OK.

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

nrgetic
nrgetic  Identity Verified
Spain
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
I'm happy for helping you! Oct 17, 2006

I'm glad I could help you, Joaquim!!!

Best regards,

Natalia

Handan Ceyhan
Handan Ceyhan  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 07:23
English to Turkish
+ ...
It does not work May 28, 2014

Hi,

I havethesame problem but Natalie's solution does not work( What should I do?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor cannot locate Microsoft Word Spelling components

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »