Thread poster: Anna Muntean Stacanova
Anna Muntean Stacanova
Anna Muntean Stacanova
United States
Local time: 03:56
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 25, 2010

I have created a database, then chose TM base and glossary, worked on a project and need to deliver the glossary.

How can I export glossary in Swordfish? If not export, where in the Swordfish program files is the glossary located?

(I have Windows installed on Mac, please tell any direction, because I might need to look in both)

Thank you!

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:56
English to Spanish
Export database as TMX Aug 26, 2010

In "Database" menu, select "Export Database as TMX". A dialog will appear.

in the "Export Database as TMX" dialog, select the database you want to export using the drop-down list next to "Database Name".

Enter the name of the TMX file in the "TMX File" text box or use th "Browse..." button to select a name and location.

Click the "Export" button.

A TMX file with the content of your database will be generated.

As you used one databa
... See more

in the "Export Database as TMX" dialog, select the database you want to export using the drop-down list next to "Database Name".

Enter the name of the TMX file in the "TMX File" text box or use th "Browse..." button to select a name and location.

As you used one database, you cannot differentiate between the TM part and the glossary part. NExt time, use different databases for each type of data.

Rodolfo
Collapse

Rodolfo Raya
English to Spanish
Exporting TM only Aug 26, 2010

To export TM only, open the translated XLIFF file in Swordfish and then in "File" menu select "Export File as TMX". This will generate a TM with all translated and approved segments.

Regards,
Rodolfo

Vitor Machado
Vitor Machado
Brazil
English to Portuguese
Same problem Sep 26, 2011

Rodolfo Raya wrote:

As you used one database, you cannot differentiate between the TM part and the glossary part. NExt time, use different databases for each type of data.

Rodolfo

Hi Rodolfo,

I used different databases for terminology and TM, then i' tried to export Database as TMX. The request shows the following error:

X medinfogloss (acesso negado)

What should i do?

PS: im using trial version.

Rodolfo Raya
English to Spanish
Database type? Sep 27, 2011

Hi Tonini,

What kind of databases are you using?

Internal databases don't have security settings, so you can't receive an error about denied access.

If you are using a SQL based database (MySQL, MS SQL Server or Oracle), make sure you have read rights.

Hope this helps,
Rodolfo

Vitor Machado
Vitor Machado
Brazil
English to Portuguese
Internal database Sep 27, 2011

Rodolfo Raya wrote:

Hi Tonini,

What kind of databases are you using?

Internal databases don't have security settings, so you can't receive an error about denied access.

If you are using a SQL based database (MySQL, MS SQL Server or Oracle), make sure you have read rights.

Hope this helps,
Rodolfo

No, both "medinfogloss" and "TMgeneral" was created as internal databases.

Thank you for answering.

Rodolfo Raya
English to Spanish
Screenshot Sep 27, 2011

More info is required to understand what is happening here.

Capture a screen showing the error message plus the export database dialog and send it to [email protected]

Regards,
Rodolfo

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:56
English to Polish
+ ...
Windows 7 and C:\program files? Sep 27, 2011

Rodolfo Raya wrote:

More info is required to understand what is happening here.

Capture a screen showing the error message plus the export database dialog and send it to [email protected]

Regards,
Rodolfo

Maybe tonini uses Windows 7 and saved his database under C:\program files or somewhere else where he does not have sufficient rights as a user?

Regards,

Piotr

Vitor Machado
Vitor Machado
Brazil
English to Portuguese
problem solved Sep 27, 2011

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

Maybe tonini uses Windows 7 and saved his database under C:\program files or somewhere else where he does not have sufficient rights as a user?

Regards,

Piotr

Yes, I did it.

I changed the security settings and my problem was solved.

Basic mistake.

Thank you both.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Glossary Export

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »