Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 23:10
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Nov 23, 2015

I have a feeling that others may have asked this same question. If so please excuse me that I am repeating it.

I am using Studio 2015 Freelance
Office 365 (Word 2016)

I have received a docx document, and when I open it in word 2016, it is opened in compatibility mode.

I create a new project in Studio 2015 and import the document the normal way. When it is imported, it is listed as a reference file.

When I try to change the file usage to t
... See more
I have a feeling that others may have asked this same question. If so please excuse me that I am repeating it.

I am using Studio 2015 Freelance
Office 365 (Word 2016)

I have received a docx document, and when I open it in word 2016, it is opened in compatibility mode.

I create a new project in Studio 2015 and import the document the normal way. When it is imported, it is listed as a reference file.

When I try to change the file usage to translatable, it says that the format is not recognised.

Can someone help me to find out what is wrong and how to correct it, please?

Is there perhaps some other information I should check?

Roy
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:10
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Activate Word 2016 file type Nov 23, 2015

Hi Roy, under Project Settings - File Types, is the Word 2016 file type active? If not, simply place a check mark next to the file type to make it active and then remove, add the file again to your project and it should work.

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 23:10
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It was not Nov 23, 2015

Nora Diaz wrote:

Hi Roy, under Project Settings - File Types, is the Word 2016 file type active? If not, simply place a check mark next to the file type to make it active and then remove, add the file again to your project and it should work.

Thanks a thousands! didn't even cross my mind that 2016 was not activated.

And then I almost forgot to change language to the target language so I wasn't able to open it.

seems like everything is OK now.

Roy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015: docx file not recognised as a translatable file

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »