Peter Bouillon
Peter Bouillon  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:15
French to German
+ ...
Oct 25, 2005

Hello Community,

I use Trados 7.0 / TagEditor 7.0.0.615; Powerpoint 2003 SP2.

When translating PowerPoint files in TagEditor from English to German, I cannot make the preview work.

I can switch between the first three tabs on the bottom of the window (Edit / Source View / Dest. View); however, when I click on any of the other three (bilingual mode / source preview / dest preview), nothing happens.

I cannot make either TagEditor or Powerpoint s
... See more
Hello Community,

I use Trados 7.0 / TagEditor 7.0.0.615; Powerpoint 2003 SP2.

When translating PowerPoint files in TagEditor from English to German, I cannot make the preview work.

I can switch between the first three tabs on the bottom of the window (Edit / Source View / Dest. View); however, when I click on any of the other three (bilingual mode / source preview / dest preview), nothing happens.

I cannot make either TagEditor or Powerpoint say what's the matter with them, and so I don't know how to debug this problem.

Any hints?

P.B.
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TradosTag preview plug-in Oct 29, 2005

Hi Peter,
Please check KB Article 1248 - maybe that helps.

Best regards,
Ralf

Peter Bouillon
Peter Bouillon  Identity Verified
Germany
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved, thanks Oct 30, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:
Please check KB Article 1248 - maybe that helps.

This worked - seems that the plugin hampers the connection to PowerPoint, so that it has to be deactivated.

Thanks a lot!

P.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tageditor / Powerpoint: No preview

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »