Tess Whitty
Tess Whitty
United States
Local time: 22:43
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
Dec 8, 2005

Hello,

I have Trados Freelance 6.5. I have done a few alignments before. This time I have a large English and a large Swedish word-rtf document to align. Everything goes well up until when the alignment is complete. Then I cannot save the project, open the alignment or do anything. The program does not respond (locks up) and closes without saving. Can anyone tell me what to do? Thank you in advance.

Sina Lamprecht
Sina Lamprecht
Germany
Local time: 06:43
English to German
Save alignment Dec 12, 2005

Whenever I aling files, I save the project as soon as I have aligned the project. Then I review all segments. After that, you can open and close without any problems.
If that doesn´t help, try to save it on a local drive as WinAlign projects should always be saved on local drives.
Let me know if that helped.

Tess Whitty
Tess Whitty
United States
Local time: 22:43
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
Could not save Dec 12, 2005

Hi Sofia,

Thank you for your reply. The problem was that I was not able to save at all. But after dividing up the document in smaller pieces it worked. The document was simply too big I guess.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot save alignment in WinAlign

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »