Thread poster: Thierry LOTTE
Thierry LOTTE
Thierry LOTTE  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:50
Member (2001)
English to French
+ ...
May 5, 2005

I am downloading a very large video file ansd as I have only a 512 Kbps in the broad band this might last more than 50 hours...

My problem is the following : the file information says that the format of this Video is X Vid (but tbe insured that this file have nothing to do with some kind of blue moovie in spite of this format...)

Full extension of this file is " xvid.avi".

Now, I am wondering if when completing downloading (50 hours as a minimum...) I will
... See more
I am downloading a very large video file ansd as I have only a 512 Kbps in the broad band this might last more than 50 hours...

My problem is the following : the file information says that the format of this Video is X Vid (but tbe insured that this file have nothing to do with some kind of blue moovie in spite of this format...)

Full extension of this file is " xvid.avi".

Now, I am wondering if when completing downloading (50 hours as a minimum...) I will be able to read this file on "Windows Media 10".
Does this reader includes the appropriate "codec" enabling to read this file ? If not, pls kindly explain me how I could download this codec and include it in my "Windows media reader 10", taking into account that I am a true "nut" in compuing techniques.

Thanks in advance to all.
Collapse

Boris Kimel
Boris Kimel  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 21:50
English to Russian
+ ...
Just get a codec May 5, 2005

It should be somewhere on the net. Try googling for xvid codec. I've got mine long ago, so I don't remember wherem from. In case of divx look at www.divx.com.

Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:50
English to Spanish
+ ...
Easy. May 6, 2005

XVid is a special codec.

Go to http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/ and download it. It will integrate into WMPlayer and you'll see your movie.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

X Vid format

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »