Thread poster: B D Finch

B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:52
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Aug 21, 2013

A couple of days ago Wordfast Pro suddenly stopped being able to analyse new files. At first I thought it was a problem with the file. However, I am now convinced that it is a problem between Java and Wordfast.

I am running the latest version of Wordfast Pro on Windows 7. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Wordfast a couple of times. I tried installing it in the 64-bit area of the programs, but that didn't work and I couldn't open it, getting a message that I needed to have a Java runtime environment. I then uninstalled and reinstalled in the x86 programs (which is where Java is installed). Now I can open it OK, but still the same error message when I try to analyse a file: "java.lang.RuntimeException: There was a problem while writing txml document".

Direct link Reply with quote

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 21:52
English to Arabic
3.1.5 Aug 21, 2013

Could you please downgrade to WFP 3.1.5 and see if this helps. You can download and "Previous Version" of Wordfast Professional at:
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Java runtime errors

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search