Hipyan Nopri
Hipyan Nopri  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 05:51
Member (2005)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Jan 4, 2006

Hi everybody! A few day ago I found a site that offered virtual credit cards. It was mentioned that it is the most suitable alternative to conventional credit cards, particularly to translators in developing countries who may be unable to afford a credit card for the sake of their service payment from clients abroad.
Has anyone had any idea to share of the virtual credit card?
Here i
... See more
Hi everybody! A few day ago I found a site that offered virtual credit cards. It was mentioned that it is the most suitable alternative to conventional credit cards, particularly to translators in developing countries who may be unable to afford a credit card for the sake of their service payment from clients abroad.
Has anyone had any idea to share of the virtual credit card?
Here is the link:
http://www.card444.com/
Thanks so much for your invaluable input.
Collapse

Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:51
English to Chinese
+ ...
Watch it out! Jan 4, 2006

Dear Hipyan Nopri,

I just browsed through the website. Besides its crippled English, unfinished website construction and a domain registration date as new as last June, the theory that's supposed to back up the idea is also flawed.

The card is valid only for one year and you have to pay them setup fees and fund uploading fees, altogether several times higher than the expenses you may pay to your credit card issuer. And it is a pre-paid card meaning it is more appropriat
... See more
Dear Hipyan Nopri,

I just browsed through the website. Besides its crippled English, unfinished website construction and a domain registration date as new as last June, the theory that's supposed to back up the idea is also flawed.

The card is valid only for one year and you have to pay them setup fees and fund uploading fees, altogether several times higher than the expenses you may pay to your credit card issuer. And it is a pre-paid card meaning it is more appropriately called a debit card than a credit card.

I can't figure out who in the world really needs this card. Or this site is itself a trick?
Collapse

Roman Bulkiewicz
Roman Bulkiewicz  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:51
Member (2004)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Check with your local banks Jan 4, 2006

They may be offering similar products along with "normal" plastic cards.

I have such a "virtual" debit card account for on-line payments. A good thing - you can keep only limited amounts of money there and not be afraid that someone will rip you off by getting your credit card info.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Virtual Credit Card?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »