Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Is your partner 'jealous' when you work long hours/weekends?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
eleonora_r
eleonora_r  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:07
English to Croatian
+ ...
Not jealous but... Apr 14, 2006

My husband is not jealous when I work and make money, but as I sometimes get nervous when I have to meet the deadline, he blames my work for it.

Martine Etienne
Martine Etienne  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
old dinosaur married for 22 years.. with the "same" husband :) Apr 14, 2006

No problem for me for all these years... Husband, children, horses, dog, cat, birds...and...a full-time translator job (full-time well.. perhaps a bit more) and... happy !!!!
No jealousy... I mostly work at night and during the week-end and am part-time mother, housekeeper, taxi-driver (for my 2 daugthers) during the other moments .. and it works.
I do not need much sleep and it helps.... certainly...
See more
No problem for me for all these years... Husband, children, horses, dog, cat, birds...and...a full-time translator job (full-time well.. perhaps a bit more) and... happy !!!!
No jealousy... I mostly work at night and during the week-end and am part-time mother, housekeeper, taxi-driver (for my 2 daugthers) during the other moments .. and it works.
I do not need much sleep and it helps.... certainly

[Edited at 2006-04-14 13:48]
Collapse

Anne Grimes
Anne Grimes
Canada
Local time: 19:07
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
No partner either Apr 14, 2006

I have no partner either, but 4 children needing my time and attention. But they have been very patient and not jealous at all when I have to work long hours or weekends; they understand that I need to work if they want to have money to do fun things together, or buy things that they want, so they are very good about entertaining themselves when I have to work on the weekends or in the afternoons when they would rather go out to the park.
Anne

Ivana de Sousa Santos
Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 00:07
French to Portuguese
+ ...
I answered NO Apr 15, 2006

Then I asked my husband what did he think about it and he said "I never gave it a thought", meaning that he's not jealous or worried if I work late or at weekends.

It means "money", anyway. It's good for us and our baby-boy.

Alicia Casal
Alicia Casal  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:07
English to Spanish
+ ...
well...... Apr 15, 2006

It depends on the rate...

Smile

Daniele Martoglio
Daniele Martoglio  Identity Verified
Polish to Italian
+ ...
Lack of partner... May 2, 2006

I don't have a partner either, and it's ORRIBLE

Near my monitor I have a postcard, where is a man sitting on the street, with a big handwritten poster "I'm looking for a wife. Please stop and talk to me"...

Daniele

PS: in my mailbox it's many many space, to receive possible letters..

Y champion
Y champion
English to French
+ ...
My partner is a translator. May 22, 2006

So she is jealous when I have SHORT work hours!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Is your partner 'jealous' when you work long hours/weekends?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »