Thread poster: Maja Dojcinova
Maja Dojcinova
Maja Dojcinova  Identity Verified
North Macedonia
Local time: 20:31
Macedonian to English
+ ...
May 4, 2009

I have just installed Word 2003 and SDL Trados menu didn't appear in my Word file. I have previously worked with Word 2007 and these kind of problems had never occurred. If you have had faced this problem and have more info on this subject, please let me know.

Thanks,

Maja

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-05-04 14:24 GMT]

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Yes, it is fully compatible May 4, 2009

But, because when you installed Trados no Office 2003 was present, but you had Office 2007, the installer of Trados has just installed the options for Office 2007.
Nevertheless, you should have no problem with repairing that.

Go to C:\Program files\SDL International\T2007\TT\Templates. Copty the "Trados8.dot" (do not remove it from its original location) and insert it into C:\Documents and settings\your login\Application data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

Now everything
... See more
But, because when you installed Trados no Office 2003 was present, but you had Office 2007, the installer of Trados has just installed the options for Office 2007.
Nevertheless, you should have no problem with repairing that.

Go to C:\Program files\SDL International\T2007\TT\Templates. Copty the "Trados8.dot" (do not remove it from its original location) and insert it into C:\Documents and settings\your login\Application data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

Now everything should work fine.
Collapse

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:31
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Yes, it is May 4, 2009

Hello Maja,

there are no compatibility problems (I use that combination with no problems at all).

Have you checked under the Add-Ins (Tools menu) in MSWord? If the Trados8.dot is not ticked, you have to manually.

BTW, I remember that after installing a new MSOffice version, Trados (can't remember which version though) did not recognize the languages I had set when installing it. I solved the problem re-installing Trados.

Giuliana

Maja Dojcinova
Maja Dojcinova  Identity Verified
North Macedonia
Macedonian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved May 4, 2009

Thank you both. Well there was a problem during the installation process. Actually the Trados8.dot file wasn't properly copied to the Startup folder. I do not know why. Now, I have re-copied and it works fine.

Thank you.

Maja

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is SDL TRADOS 2007 compatible with Word 2003? - help needed

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »