Trados Ver. 7 Workbench>>Tools>>Translate... (Not Responding)
Thread poster: ahmadwadan.com
ahmadwadan.com
ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 20:40
English to Arabic
+ ...
Apr 23, 2006

Trados Ver. 7 Workbench>>Tools>>Translate...

Whenever I select "Translate..." feature the program shows the sandglass and keeps not responding forever till I have to terminate it via ALT+CTRL+DEL or end process.

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 19:40
German to English
+ ...
More details Apr 23, 2006

Hello,

please give us some more information.

What kind of files do you want to pretranslate. How large are the files. How large is the TM. Which Trados version. .....

Thanks

Hans

ahmadwadan.com
Saudi Arabia
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Details... Apr 23, 2006

DSC wrote:

What kind of files do you want to pretranslate. How large are the files. How large is the TM. Which Trados version. .....

Hans

Files that I want to pretranslate are word file with so normal size...but this has nothing to do with the issue as the problem begins once I click "Translate..." from Tools menu (i.e. before I add any file for pretranslation).

The TM size is out of the issue too as I tried even blank TM and many other TMs that I used before for the same purpose without any problem.

Trados Ver. is 7.0

My problem seems as if you have a washing maching the when you push turn on button you get nothing (No Response).

Thank you

Ouadoud
Ouadoud  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
+ ...
Set it all up again Apr 23, 2006

Salaam Ahmad,

In my opinion, it seems rather a set up problem, I suggest to uninstall it all and re-install it again.

I thought about 2 other issues, but they seem rather alien to the topic:

1- Your OS in compliance with the TM version.

2- Try saving the desired pre-translated files into txt format. Isn't it possible that they are in any format that TM doesn't recognize.

I don't insist with the 2 last remarks since you said that it
... See more
Salaam Ahmad,

In my opinion, it seems rather a set up problem, I suggest to uninstall it all and re-install it again.

I thought about 2 other issues, but they seem rather alien to the topic:

1- Your OS in compliance with the TM version.

2- Try saving the desired pre-translated files into txt format. Isn't it possible that they are in any format that TM doesn't recognize.

I don't insist with the 2 last remarks since you said that it reacts so even with blank doc. But I ust want it to point out, never know...

tell us then how did you work it up

Ouadoud
Collapse

ahmadwadan.com
Saudi Arabia
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution... Apr 23, 2006

I wish I could share you the full solution I reached...

I thought as follows: as long as I cannot open "Translate..." from Tools menu so maybe there is another process (program or a function of a program) working in the background that conflict with Workbench "Translate..." function.

So, I manipulated with Windows Task Manager and ended the suspected processes (I can no remember exactly the name of each process I ended).

Then, it worked.

Thanks
... See more
I wish I could share you the full solution I reached...

I thought as follows: as long as I cannot open "Translate..." from Tools menu so maybe there is another process (program or a function of a program) working in the background that conflict with Workbench "Translate..." function.

So, I manipulated with Windows Task Manager and ended the suspected processes (I can no remember exactly the name of each process I ended).

Then, it worked.

Thanks God who led me this way
Thank you all

Kind regards
www.arablish.com
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Did you registrate Trados 7.0 Apr 24, 2006

If you have used some other version you must first registrate Trados with the system (its an item in the Run-programs-list with the Trados 7.0 group.
REgards
Heinrich

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Ver. 7 Workbench>>Tools>>Translate... (Not Responding)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »