Thread poster: Roxana Manucci
Roxana Manucci
Roxana Manucci  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 04:25
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 22, 2008

I have received an .inx file for translation, I have finalized the file and now my client says he cannot open the file. He says that he needs an INDD file that I don't have and I do not know how to generate, can someone help me, please?
Thanks in advance,

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
You would need InDesign Feb 23, 2008

Hi Roxana,
You would need to have Adobe InDesign to create an .indd file.

If you received an .inx (=InDesign Interchange format) file, that's what you should deliver.

Unfortunately, you did not provide specifics (as requested in the forum) regarding the software versions involved (in particular, your version of TagEditor, and the InDesign version used to create the .inx file).

Your client's inability to open the translated .inx file might be due to ta
... See more
Hi Roxana,
You would need to have Adobe InDesign to create an .indd file.

If you received an .inx (=InDesign Interchange format) file, that's what you should deliver.

Unfortunately, you did not provide specifics (as requested in the forum) regarding the software versions involved (in particular, your version of TagEditor, and the InDesign version used to create the .inx file).

Your client's inability to open the translated .inx file might be due to tagging errors - did you run the TE Tag Verifier before saving as target?

Best regards,
Ralf
Collapse

Roxana Manucci
Roxana Manucci  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Indesign files Feb 24, 2008

That's what I suspected. But since is my first time working with Trados I tought I was doing something wrong. My version of Trados is 7 SP2 (brand new)
I'll run a Verifier to check that everything is ok.
Thank you very much Ralf.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Indesign files

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »