Screen display as opposed to print out
Thread poster: dholmes (X)
dholmes (X)
dholmes (X)
France
Local time: 16:58
French to English
May 6, 2010

Hello, I've a document which, when printed, shows all hyperlink with the texts in full; e.g. next meeting on ..... But on the screen all I get is the computer links with the email address which I don't want. I use XP and Word 2003/2007 - the word file was created from HTML files by my customer.
How do I convert the screen display so I get the actual words rather than the hyperlink ? Help much appreciated !

sokolniki
sokolniki  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:58
English to Russian
+ ...
PureText May 6, 2010

Try to go to www.stevemiller.net to download free software PureText for Windows (unless you are a Mc user) to convert a text with hyperlinks or HTML tags into a text. However it will work only as Copy and Paste - or at least as far as I know (select the text with hyperlinks/HTML tags, click on PT icon, paste into another text window). Good luck! I've been using this for a few years and it never failed me.

Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:58
English to German
In Word 2007 proceed as follows: May 6, 2010

1. Click the Office Button in the top left corner of the screen.

2. Select the Word Options button at the bottom of the fly-out menu.

3. Select Advance on the left.

4. Scroll to the Show document content section and untic the Show field codes instead of their values checkbox.

This ensures that you
... See more
1. Click the Office Button in the top left corner of the screen.

2. Select the Word Options button at the bottom of the fly-out menu.

3. Select Advance on the left.

4. Scroll to the Show document content section and untic the Show field codes instead of their values checkbox.

This ensures that you'll see http://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/170024-screen_display_as_opposed_to_print_out.html instead of {Hyperlink...} onscreen as well.

In Word 2003, you should be able to do something similar via Tools > Options.
Collapse

dholmes (X)
dholmes (X)
France
Local time: 16:58
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you both May 7, 2010

Found it and it works, thank you both.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Screen display as opposed to print out

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »