Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:18
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Jun 11, 2002

What is happening to the page widths in KudoZ? The ProZ main page comes up in the correct width, but at my normal screen setting of 800x600 pixels, the KudoZ question lists and the question pages themselves are coming up in a variety of widths from about 90% to as little as 50% of the correct width. More of the screen can be seen by using the \"printer friendly\" icon at the bottom of the page, and more still by altering my screen setting to 1024x768 (the highest I can get), but even using bot... See more
What is happening to the page widths in KudoZ? The ProZ main page comes up in the correct width, but at my normal screen setting of 800x600 pixels, the KudoZ question lists and the question pages themselves are coming up in a variety of widths from about 90% to as little as 50% of the correct width. More of the screen can be seen by using the \"printer friendly\" icon at the bottom of the page, and more still by altering my screen setting to 1024x768 (the highest I can get), but even using both these, the whole width of the page is not always displayed, and in any case, by then the spread is so great and the text size so small that it is very difficult to use.

This page width variation has occurred at rare intervals in the past, but now it seems to be happening all the time. Is there anything I can do, or is there something you should be doing, to correct this?
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:18
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
What kind of a Browser are you using? Jun 11, 2002

Most new browsers have no problems with resolutions and scaling the screen.

If you are using an older version, try to switch to the newest MS Explorer 6.0 - it is very reliable and easy to use.

I´m using MS IE since more than 7 years.

The latest one has a very good opinion among the testers.

HTH

Jerzy

Jack Doughty
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
I'm using MS IE 6 Jun 11, 2002

To Jerzy Czopik:

I am using Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0

(to be precise, 6.0.2600.000) and this problem has only become serious in the past couple of days. I have not changed any settings recently.

Jack Doughty
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Is my computer telepathic? Jun 12, 2002

Or sensitive to criticism?

Since posting the above, I have visited ProZ and several other sites on numerous occasions and have had no recurrence of this problem at all, though I have not altered anything. Long may it so continue!

Thanks to Jerzy Czopik for his reply.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Telepathics it will be! Jun 12, 2002

Thats the same as my car!

Shortly I wanted to lock my car with a central locking sysrem using the remote control, but the left front door didn´t lock properly. I tried again and the effect was the same. So i had to put the key into the keyhole and lock the car in the old fashioned way.

After I came back I wanted to unlock ist using the remote control, but the left front door remained locked. So I opened it in the old fashioned way, took my mobile phone and called the dealer
... See more
Thats the same as my car!

Shortly I wanted to lock my car with a central locking sysrem using the remote control, but the left front door didn´t lock properly. I tried again and the effect was the same. So i had to put the key into the keyhole and lock the car in the old fashioned way.

After I came back I wanted to unlock ist using the remote control, but the left front door remained locked. So I opened it in the old fashioned way, took my mobile phone and called the dealer I bought my car from to get some service. But before someone picked up the phone there I checked again with the remote control, and the central locking system worked properly again.

This is TELEPATHICS!

Best

Jerzy
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Dear Jack, Jun 15, 2002

this problem has nothing to do with your browser. ProZ pages are constantly \"under construction\" so sometimes strange things occur. Different page widths were conditioned by incorrect line wrapping. Perhaps Jason the Great Wizard was changing some page functions and that was the \"side effect\".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ page widths

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »