Problem with dowloading Norton Antivirus update
Thread poster: Halina Arendt

Halina Arendt  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:43
English to Polish
+ ...
Nov 26, 2001

My subscriber number gets rejected upon trying to download an update. In the past Symantec issued a different number for me every month, but this time the message said: \"The Lrsetup.exe file can be used by you if your subscription expires prematurely\" followed by an URL, where supposedly I can get it from. I tried and failed to download the file, but am not sure if this is what I need. Any suggestions?

Halina

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:43
English to German
+ ...
More info... Nov 26, 2001

Hi Halina,

Can you give us a bit more background:

- Are you trying to download an *update* (=new program version), or new virus definitions (\"live update\")?

- Which version of NAV are you using?

BTW - have you tried the FAQ list / online support on the Symantec website? My experience with their responses so far has been rather good.

English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More info... Dec 3, 2001

Hello Ralf,

Thanks for your response. I tried to download live update to my NAV 2000. I renewed my annual subscribtion to it in June. I sent another email to Symantec some time ago, but have had no response. I have looked up their site, but it got me nowhere... The problem seems to be unique.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
I surrender... Dec 3, 2001

...sorry, Halina, but as far as NAV2000 is concerned, I cannot share any experience. Maybe the quick response from Symantec was due to the fact that I have a Corporate License (which is, unsurprisingly, a bit more expensive...).

Sorry I can\'t help you there - the only other idea I have is to call their country-specific helpline. Bring along a good book, though... this might take some time...

Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
I had this problem a while back too... Dec 4, 2001

And wrote Symantec an e-mail describing what was going on. They sent me a new number, I plugged it in and everything worked again. I think I got the e-mail address from their Web site.

HTH

Alison

English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I've gone through this and now reached a stalemate Dec 6, 2001

I had several new numbers - a new one each month till eventually they stopped supplying them and I have no replies to my emails. How\'s that for customer services?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with dowloading Norton Antivirus update

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search