Thread poster: Andovar Global Translation Company
Andovar Global Translation Company
Singapore
Local time: 15:24
Member (2007)
English
Oct 10, 2007

How we can lock the text appears in parenthesis({ }) in SDLX ITD (the source files is XML) so that it can't be edited. This variable text will be appeared in the middle of text. I don't want to add a custom tag and preserve it, the translator should see it, but it should be locked/protected/Annotate/grayed.

Eg:Gross {Lead} Count

I want the string " {Lead}" to be uneditable in the SDLX ITD

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:24
English to Polish
+ ...
I think there is a workaround Oct 10, 2007

Andovar Pte Ltd wrote:

How we can lock the text appears in parenthesis({ }) in SDLX ITD (the source files is XML) so that it can't be edited. This variable text will be appeared in the middle of text. I don't want to add a custom tag and preserve it, the translator should see it, but it should be locked/protected/Annotate/grayed.

Eg:Gross {Lead} Count

I want the string " {Lead}" to be uneditable in the SDLX ITD

The string "{lead}" is not a valid XML tag. You could manually enclose the such occurrences in something like <placeable value='{Lead}'/>, and edit the XML definition accordingly so that such tags are treated as placeables. You will have to reverse the process after translation to get rid of these extra tags.

HTH

Piotr

[Edited at 2007-10-10 19:06]

Singapore
Local time: 15:24
Member (2007)
English
TOPIC STARTER
Placeables doesn't show the string Oct 11, 2007

Thanks Piotr,

Placeables are represented as red line in SDLX ITD, but it doesn't display the text. We want the translator to see that string in parenthesis as it carries the context of the text.

It should be something like Lock the text in parenthesis or color them warming the translators not to translate that.

Thanks
Tri

Radek Ptak
Radek Ptak
Local time: 08:24
English to Polish
Long Tags in SDL Edit Dec 17, 2007

Tri, you can see content of plecables if you go to
View > Tags
and select Long Tags in SDL Edit

radek

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to Lock/protect variables in XML

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »