Flight training resources
Thread poster: Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 02:25
English to Thai
+ ...
Sep 7, 2015

Dear interpreter friends

I seldom participate in interpretation jobs unless I have very critical supporting reasons e.g. my expert field, my preference, my available time duration, my convenient regions I can travel.
I plan to participate in many months' helicopter flight training program in a foreign country where I will provide Thai - English (consecutive) interpretation.
This mission is also aimed to support may government on military manpower training. I will start
... See more
Dear interpreter friends

I seldom participate in interpretation jobs unless I have very critical supporting reasons e.g. my expert field, my preference, my available time duration, my convenient regions I can travel.
I plan to participate in many months' helicopter flight training program in a foreign country where I will provide Thai - English (consecutive) interpretation.
This mission is also aimed to support may government on military manpower training. I will start the job in January 2016.
I wonder if I can find resources out of Proz for this mission or not. Proz searches hit nothing and I need to collect materials from public cyber spaces.
Flight engineering, pilot manpower, aviation electronics, military pilot program and aerospace production line are domains I am expecting some materials to read. In particular, resources about plenty of acronyms (English) on flight, aviation, and military logistics are expected.

Thanks in advance.

Soonthon L.

[Edited at 2015-09-07 08:10 GMT]
Collapse

Anna Sarah Krämer
Anna Sarah Krämer
Germany
Local time: 20:25
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
List of acronyms Sep 7, 2015

Hi Soonthon,

here is a link to a list of acronyms:

http://www.aviationtoday.com/Assets/ACguide(1).pdf

Good luck and lots of fun with your assignment!

Best regards,
Anna

[Edited at 2015-09-07 08:34 GMT]

Thailand
English to Thai
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It happens to be very well. Sep 7, 2015

Anna Sarah Krämer Fazendeiro wrote:

here is a link to a list of acronyms:
Good luck and lots of fun with your assignment!

Best regards,
Anna

[Edited at 2015-09-07 08:34 GMT]

Thanks a lot, Anna.
Your link is quite comprehensive. I translated aviation technical texts many years ago but no resources like this were found then.

In fact, I will fly to Munich to do interpretation job near there. But I will not speak more now since the client is very serious about business confidentiality. I am not sure I can meet you in person since your Proz map shows your location very far from Munich.

By the way, it is now very convenient to contact via cyberspace. I hope I can exchange experience with German friends while I will be there (about many months' duration).

Soonthon L.

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:25
English to Italian
+ ...
indirectly related: Aerospace and Defence Simplified Technical English Sep 7, 2015

Dear Soonthon,

congratulations on the assignment!

You may be interested in Aerospace and Defence Simplified Technical English which is an international specification for the preparation of maintenance and technical documentation in a controlled language.

I am a member of the STEMG (STE Maintenance Group) and we are currently working on the next issue (n. 7) of specification ASD-STE100.

You can find further information on the specification and t
... See more
Dear Soonthon,

congratulations on the assignment!

You may be interested in Aerospace and Defence Simplified Technical English which is an international specification for the preparation of maintenance and technical documentation in a controlled language.

I am a member of the STEMG (STE Maintenance Group) and we are currently working on the next issue (n. 7) of specification ASD-STE100.

You can find further information on the specification and the link to download the request form to obtain a free copy of issue 6 at http://www.asd-ste100.org/

During the 2014 ProZ.com International Conference in Pisa, Orlando Chiarello, Chair of STEMG, gave a presentation on this topic

Ciao

Daniela

[Edited at 2015-09-07 17:37 GMT]
Collapse

Thailand
English to Thai
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Valuable resources Sep 7, 2015

Daniela Zambrini wrote:

It is a great pleasure of me to read materials on aviation. I am sure that aviation shall be a new challenging domain for us the linguists. Internet access also makes the matter relatively simple.
My mission will be related to helicopter pilot and aviation electronic training. The demand is rising. I hope Prozians pay more attention to basic knowledge of this to develop our translation and interpretation capabilities.

Soonthon L.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Flight training resources

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »