GIAA, Microsoft Style Guide
Thread poster: Jose Lima
Jose Lima
Local time: 21:19
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 3, 2006

Does anyone know what GIAA stands for as regards Microsoft Glossaries? And, btw, is the Microsoft Style Guide available in languages other than English?
Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Robert Zawadzki  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:19
English to Polish
+ ...
GIAA is Microsoft terminology look-up tool Sep 4, 2006

I do not think it is mentioned in Microsoft Glossaries.

I am not sure it is used any more. Looks like Microsoft is in the process of changing localization technology (Glossaries etc).

[Edited at 2006-09-04 06:08]

Edward Kim
South Korea
Local time: 04:49
English to Korean
+ ...
Giaa is a Web-based tool that aids in the localization of software produced at Microsoft. Sep 11, 2006

Glossary-based Internet Application Architecture (Giaa) is a Web-based tool that aids in the localization of software produced at Microsoft. Giaa searches several databases that contain words and phrases within Microsoft. Microsoft International Language Services (MILS) regularly updates these databases to keep them accurate as words and phrases are changed and added. In GIAA you can search glossaries for both released products as well as search the glossaries for ongoing projects. In addition we have integrated terminology from the Giaa for Termbase and Terminology Query Center.

And, the Microsoft Style Guides for all languages than English are available in some Microsoft vendor's databox.

Jose Lima
Local time: 21:19
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 11, 2006

Thanks for your replies

xxxAngelaJTI
English to Japanese
Microsoft Style Guide Sep 14, 2006

Can someone please tell me where to find the Japanese Microsoft Style Guide. I know someone mentioned the Microsoft Vendor's Data Box, but I don't know what that is or where to find it. Could someone send me a link or please tell me where to find it?

I need this urgently...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Angela

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

GIAA, Microsoft Style Guide

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search