JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 04:09
Spanish to English
+ ...
Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, and a very respectful big hug! Sep 5, 2006

María Eugenia Wachtendorff wrote:

Jack Becconsall wrote:

At 76 I'm enjoying my work just as much as ever, and doing a good job (I just know that). It isn't that I really need the money (at least until my company's pension scheme folds up), and anyway almost a quarter of what I earn goes to keep this country in business. Forgive me for having a smile at those who think their 60s, 50s, and even 40s !!, is over the hill.
Oops! A mistake, I'm only 75. Maybe something is failing after all.

[Edited at 2006-09-05 08:42]

Thank you ever so much for writing!

Getting feedback from you and other colleagues your age and above would work wonders with all of us. You have invaluable experience to share.

Would you consider starting a "Seniors Forum" here at Proz? Please give it a thought! I am sure you have lots of anecdotes to tell.

A big hug,

María Eugenia

I couldn't agree more. Thank you Jack, and thank you, mew, for your "summary" post which I have copied and printed. I have just added the quote from Jack and will print again.

[Edited at 2006-09-05 17:40]

Kevin Kelly
Kevin Kelly  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:09
Russian to English
+ ...
Agree with all... Sep 7, 2006

At 55, and after 33 years of translating and interpreting, I still actively maintain the attitude that I am a beginner with much to learn. I look forward to many more years of productive work and learning.

To Sofia: Congratulations on reaching 40! But that is not old; I have had pieces of broccoli stuck in my teeth longer than that

Good luck to all!

Kevin

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unbeatable Experience!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »