Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Powwow: Edinburgh - United Kingdom

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Edinburgh - United Kingdom".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Catherine Dauvergne-Newman
Catherine Dauvergne-Newman  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:19
English to French
Thank you Jerzy Nov 14, 2006

Thank you for the Trados training and for your interesting summary of the session. I think you're quite right in wanting to split the session in 2 (or even 3?) groups in future. It might also be worth offering a Word course.

Unlike the majority of conference and training participants, I am not a technical translator, my texts contain very few repetitions, and I'm afraid I still fail to see the point of taking the trouble of learning to work with Trados...

I look forwar
... See more
Thank you for the Trados training and for your interesting summary of the session. I think you're quite right in wanting to split the session in 2 (or even 3?) groups in future. It might also be worth offering a Word course.

Unlike the majority of conference and training participants, I am not a technical translator, my texts contain very few repetitions, and I'm afraid I still fail to see the point of taking the trouble of learning to work with Trados...

I look forward to finding out about what is on offer at Budapest. Thanks again.
Collapse

Mariana Harriague
Mariana Harriague  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks, Jerzy Nov 14, 2006

Even as a beginner, I found the training very useful as it gave me a first approach to Trados (and a very good idea of what lies beyond the basics!).
I agree with you and Catherine about splitting the session into at least two different levels next time, so that everybody can make the most of it.
Thank you so much for your help and for the hard work you put into making this session useful to all.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:19
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Thank you for participation Nov 14, 2006

I have slightly reworded the summarization of the course, which is now available in my dedicated forum thread. The thread is linked on the top of this page, just click the Trados training banner.

Thank you for your feedback.

Laure Delpech
Laure Delpech  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
English to French
Summary of the course Nov 16, 2006

I cannot find the summary. I did click on the banner and reached www.proz.com/topic/53688, but then where is it?

Thank you,
Laure

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Hello Nov 16, 2006

The direct link is: http://www.proz.com/post/455562#455562
It is now on the last page, but I hope it will not remain there, when there will be more feedback.

Best
Jerzy

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Edinburgh - United Kingdom

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »