Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:43
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 3, 2002

This is just to say: \"thank you, Henry\" .

Thanks to your site, now:

1) I always have someone wishing to help me when I\'ve a translation doubt.

2) I\'m working with foreign translation clients.

3) I\'ve lots of friends arould the world!

You\'ve done a lot for me!

Clarisa

Pilar T. Bayle (X)
Pilar T. Bayle (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
I agree to that Mar 3, 2002

or as they say, hear, hear!

P.

Andrea Bullrich
Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:43
English to Spanish
Agree Mar 3, 2002

Change \"me\" to \"us\"

Andrea

Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
Seconded Mar 3, 2002

Very well put!

Margaret Lagoyianni
Margaret Lagoyianni
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:43
English to Greek
+ ...
full agreement Mar 3, 2002

I\'m just a beginner here but have to agree that proz. com has opened up a whole new world for me too. There are bound to be flaws in such a complex system. I have not received any offers of work yet but it is early days and I am learning so much from peers. If someone doesn\'t like the way things work they are under no obligation to stay.

pschmitt
pschmitt
Local time: 22:43
German to English
+ ...
Fully agree... Mar 3, 2002

...or should I say: whole heartedly?

Great site indeed!!

Peter

AngieD
AngieD  Identity Verified
English
+ ...
I agree wholeheartedly... Mar 3, 2002

... and also send very big thanks to Henry for this community, his help and his (IMO) balanced sense of reality.

I have spent the weekend analysing the overwhelming response to my thesis survey Henry kindly posted last week and I can only confirm how positive the responses were and how great the sense of community seems to be here. Certainly does not reflect what I have been reading this evening.

This is also just an initial thanks to all who participate
... See more
... and also send very big thanks to Henry for this community, his help and his (IMO) balanced sense of reality.

I have spent the weekend analysing the overwhelming response to my thesis survey Henry kindly posted last week and I can only confirm how positive the responses were and how great the sense of community seems to be here. Certainly does not reflect what I have been reading this evening.

This is also just an initial thanks to all who participated - I will be posting something more \"formal\" soon, but wanted to add my tuppenceworth to this thread.

Thanks to Henry and to you all.

Keep up the good work! This is a great community.

Angie
Collapse

athena22
athena22  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:43
English
+ ...
Yes indeed! Mar 4, 2002

Thanks from me too, Henry.

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 17:43
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Thank you Clarisa Mar 6, 2002

Thank you Clarisa for starting this thread, Thank you Henry for this wonderful site, Thank you Proz members, professional or not professional translators for giving me a chance to start a new career, thanks for allowing me to feel so at ease. I learn every day lots of things, not just linguistic but also about culture and psychology.

Nice to meet you

Claudia

Bill Greendyk
Bill Greendyk  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:43
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks to Henry and ALL of you! Mar 6, 2002

At the extremely remote risk of being labelled presumptuous or naive or both, I\'d just like to say thanks to Henry, first of all for a great site, and to all the other great people who give of themselves willingly. I\'m very new to this scene, but in my first month of ProZ membership and subsequent questions posed to the Kudoz forum, I\'ve always found people to be super-helpful. Where else can one not only pose a question regarding the nuances and hairline differences in words and their gram... See more
At the extremely remote risk of being labelled presumptuous or naive or both, I\'d just like to say thanks to Henry, first of all for a great site, and to all the other great people who give of themselves willingly. I\'m very new to this scene, but in my first month of ProZ membership and subsequent questions posed to the Kudoz forum, I\'ve always found people to be super-helpful. Where else can one not only pose a question regarding the nuances and hairline differences in words and their grammatical usage, but also get various possible answers? And to top that, on numerous occasions I\'ve received personal e-mails as follow-ups from disinterested professionals who really want me to know just WHY it would be one word as opposed to another, or just HOW the rules of grammar explain the question. That\'s what I call solidarity! OK, so once in a blue moon (have you ever seen that fabled blue moon?) an answerer may be ever so slightly less than sweetly polite in their disagrees. This is life, and we all have our days. Thanks to all of you out there, I\'ve made some great contacts and friends thanks to a great site.

Un fuerte abrazo a todos!

WG

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Thank you, Henry

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »