Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Platinum Membership start date available for display in profiles
Thread poster: Boyan Kostadinov
Boyan Kostadinov
Boyan Kostadinov  Identity Verified
Bulgarian to English
+ ...
Apr 3, 2003

Your Platinum Membership start date is now displayed in your profile and also in the Featured Pro box on the ProZ.com home page. The date displayed initially is the last date your upgraded/renewed your Platinum Membership. If this date is not the actual start date of of your Platinum Membership, please go here to have it corrected.

Note added ... See more
Your Platinum Membership start date is now displayed in your profile and also in the Featured Pro box on the ProZ.com home page. The date displayed initially is the last date your upgraded/renewed your Platinum Membership. If this date is not the actual start date of of your Platinum Membership, please go here to have it corrected.

Note added by Henry: Thanks for the feedback.

This line is a way of thanking platinum members for their support of the site.

Based on the feedback here, we will de-emphasize the line in profiles and provide a way to hide it. It is true that this need not be a concern for outsourcers.

Note and request: the date is supposed to show the first month in which you became a platinum member. If it does not show that, this is an error (there are many, because of the way the dates were generated automatically.) We are ready to correct the dates one by one, please help us to do that by going to this page if the date shown in your profile is not correct:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=platinum_since

Collapse

Antonella Andreella (X)
Antonella Andreella (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:17
German to Italian
+ ...
Agree with Tayfun Apr 3, 2003

Have a nice day and don\'t forget to verify my credentials... the first time I applied was in January... starting to become somewhat suspicious...

Antonella

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:17
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Also agree with Tayfun Apr 3, 2003

Giving the last date of renewal is confusing. It would be better to give the date from which Platinum membership was first taken, if you have to give it at all. But as Tayfun says, this is just something between proZ and its members and I don\'t see why it should be publicly displayed in the profile at all.

C Greene
C Greene  Identity Verified
English to French
Agree Apr 3, 2003

I am going to renew our membership in a few days and I don\'t think I\'d particularly like to have the date shown since, as was said above, it might give a wrong impression to the job posters.

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Agree... can you please change it? Apr 3, 2003

\"Patinum member since\" is just incorrect. May be you could say \"Last platinum membership renewal:\"

However, the feature can be useful as a private reminder. Tayfun suggestion, of making it visible only on the Edit view, is also very good.

[ This Message was edited by: ITS on 2003-04-03 10:13]

Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Have to agree, too Apr 3, 2003

Platinum membership just states that you were willing to invest $ 100 - nothing more, nothing less. It is no measure for the quality of our work. This even relates more to the starting date.

What if I have been a highly experienced translator for 30 years (50 or 60 years old) somewhere in Siberia, they connected me to the internet only last week and only yesterday I found this site an registered as a Platinum member?? Would it tell anything??!

Don\'t ha
... See more
Platinum membership just states that you were willing to invest $ 100 - nothing more, nothing less. It is no measure for the quality of our work. This even relates more to the starting date.

What if I have been a highly experienced translator for 30 years (50 or 60 years old) somewhere in Siberia, they connected me to the internet only last week and only yesterday I found this site an registered as a Platinum member?? Would it tell anything??!

Don\'t have to go that far: if I can recall Jack admitted his 50th aniversary in translation business not so long ago. Would this be duly reflected by a \"Platinum member since 2002\"???

The opposite case is conceivable, too: I had the 100 bucks two years ago and ever since to renew. But I don\'t have a clue of languages and never done a considerable amount of translation or even contributed to the site one way or the other. So what?!

It simply does not matter for the client at all and, IMO, should be removed.

The \"ID verified\" tag is much more valuable.

[ This Message was edited by: Steffen Pollex on 2003-04-03 12:58]
Collapse

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
I agree too, it's no use displaying it Apr 3, 2003

As for private information, you can verify the renewal date from your ProZ wallet, so this is already implemented, no need to do it again.

I agree with eveything that\'s been said above. What difference does it make when you became a Platinum?

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
I will become a Platinum in June :-) Apr 3, 2003

I just noticed, that having renewed my subscription during a promotion of Proz, my latest renewal starts in June this year. So I am not a Platinum yet, but I will become one in June?????!!!!

Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Congratulations! :-) Apr 3, 2003

I will keep it in mind and send you a postcard then.

On 2003-04-03 10:12, eli wrote:

I just noticed, that having renewed my subscription during a promotion of Proz, my latest renewal starts in June this year. So I am not a Platinum yet, but I will become one in June?????!!!!

[/quote]

[ This Message was edited by: Steffen Pollex on 2003-04-03
... See more
I will keep it in mind and send you a postcard then.

On 2003-04-03 10:12, eli wrote:

[/quote]

[ This Message was edited by: Steffen Pollex on 2003-04-03 10:48]
Collapse

Sara Freitas
Sara Freitas
France
French to English
I agree, too! Apr 3, 2003

I agree too that the information is potentially more harmful than helpful.

What was the rationale behind creating this new feature, anyway?

Sara

awilliams
awilliams
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:17
Italian to English
+ ...
all-singing, all-dancing profiles - too much? Apr 3, 2003

While I think that in general the profile pages are well structured, I do think that putting yet another line into profiles which are already all-singing and all-dancing does detract from the core information in the profile - who you are and what you do.

Could this info not be incorporated into the ID section or stated (as others have asked above) elsewhere on the page? As the others have said, we shouldn\'t forget that the aim is for outsiders to interact with the site with
... See more
While I think that in general the profile pages are well structured, I do think that putting yet another line into profiles which are already all-singing and all-dancing does detract from the core information in the profile - who you are and what you do.

Could this info not be incorporated into the ID section or stated (as others have asked above) elsewhere on the page? As the others have said, we shouldn\'t forget that the aim is for outsiders to interact with the site without feeling lost, and agencies/outsourcers who are new to the site might be overwhelmed by all the info - never mind trying to get to grips with KudoZ etc..

Best,

A

(OK, so I have a scrolling marquee, but I don\'t want my profile singing and dancing any more than that - and at least I can control it )

[ This Message was edited by: awilliams on 2003-04-03 11:21]

[ This Message was edited by: awilliams on 2003-04-03 11:29]
Collapse

Dyran Altenburg (X)
Dyran Altenburg (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
Here's my vote... Apr 3, 2003

...to remove this new feature.

Isn\'t the platinum symbol enough?

Diana Kristo
Diana Kristo
United States
Local time: 23:17
English to Albanian
+ ...
To be or not to be Platinum Apr 3, 2003

...does not make me a better or worse translator. It shows I pay my dues to Proz. and it provides me with services. The date I started Platinum is important for Proz. records, no one else. When my membership is about to expire, Proz. will send me a reminder and I\'ll renew it.

Félix Saiz
Félix Saiz  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
I fully agree Apr 3, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-04-03 12:57, Dyran wrote:

...to remove this new feature.

Isn\'t the platinum symbol enough?

Here\'s my vote too!

Sheila Hardie
Sheila Hardie  Identity Verified
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
I agree too Apr 3, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-04-03 08:28, jdoughty wrote:

Giving the last date of renewal is confusing. It would be better to give the date from which Platinum membership was first taken, if you have to give it at all. But as Tayfun says, this is just something between proZ and its members and I don\'t see why it should be publicly displayed in the profile at all.

I can\'t see this new feature having any ... See more
Quote:

On 2003-04-03 08:28, jdoughty wrote:

I can\'t see this new feature having any advantages - only disadvantages. It certainly could lead to great confusion.

I vote for it to be removed if possible.

Sheila

[ This Message was edited by: SJH on 2003-04-03 14:16] ▲ Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Platinum Membership start date available for display in profiles

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »