Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 04:45
English to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 9, 2002

Hi everyone,

I may have to go to Nizhny Novgorod by the end of this month for a couple of days.

Anyone familiar with the area there, i.e. are there any ProZ members living there and could s/he recommend a good hotel there?

Is the Volna hotel OK?

I\'ll have to go to Dzerzhinsk as well, but I think it\'s advisable to stay in N N. Correct?

There aren\'t too many Nizhny Novgorod hotels with websites available on the net (and n
... See more
Hi everyone,

I may have to go to Nizhny Novgorod by the end of this month for a couple of days.

Anyone familiar with the area there, i.e. are there any ProZ members living there and could s/he recommend a good hotel there?

Is the Volna hotel OK?

I\'ll have to go to Dzerzhinsk as well, but I think it\'s advisable to stay in N N. Correct?

There aren\'t too many Nizhny Novgorod hotels with websites available on the net (and none in Dzerzhinsk), hence my question(s).

Thanks in advance for some tips.

[addsig]
Collapse

Sofia Subbotina
Sofia Subbotina
Russian Federation
Local time: 05:45
English to Russian
+ ...
Hotels in NN Aug 9, 2002

Hello Evert! I don\'t live in NN right now, but I have been studying in college there and I think you will certainly find a good hotel there! If you arrive by plane, just make inquiries in the airport on the arrival. Of course, you are right: no good hotels could be found in Dzerzhinsk. BTW, there is a good website www.allhotels.ru (mostly in Russian), but they are \"enlarging their database\" at the moment: inactive for a whil... See more
Hello Evert! I don\'t live in NN right now, but I have been studying in college there and I think you will certainly find a good hotel there! If you arrive by plane, just make inquiries in the airport on the arrival. Of course, you are right: no good hotels could be found in Dzerzhinsk. BTW, there is a good website www.allhotels.ru (mostly in Russian), but they are \"enlarging their database\" at the moment: inactive for a while.Collapse

Kristina Foehrkolb
Kristina Foehrkolb
United States
Local time: 22:45
English to Russian
+ ...
please say hi to my home town! hotel "Oktybrskaya" Aug 10, 2002

I was checking out the site before going to bed and now I am afraid I won\'t be able to sleep for some time! I spent most of my life in NIzhny Novgorod and miss it greatly. I only wish I could go too at least for a couple of days!

As for the hotels, \"Volna\" is nice but it is in the lower part of the city, across the bridge from downtown, in an industrial district. I think I would rather stay in the old town, near the Kremlin. I just searched on google because I couldn\'t remember the
... See more
I was checking out the site before going to bed and now I am afraid I won\'t be able to sleep for some time! I spent most of my life in NIzhny Novgorod and miss it greatly. I only wish I could go too at least for a couple of days!

As for the hotels, \"Volna\" is nice but it is in the lower part of the city, across the bridge from downtown, in an industrial district. I think I would rather stay in the old town, near the Kremlin. I just searched on google because I couldn\'t remember the name of the hotel that I would recommend & it surely looks like there are 2 hotels in NN: Volna and Volzhsky Otkos!

Volna was originally built mostly for foreigners working at the auto plant \"GAZ\". That explains its location in a very unflattering industrial district.

I would like to recommend Hotel “Oktyabrskaya”

9а, Verkhne-Volzhskaya emb., Nizhny Novgorod, 603005 Phone 32-12-90

Fax 32-05-50 (area code is 8312)

It is a 2 minute walk from the Kremlin and it is right on the embankment.

Very close to Nizhny Novgorod Linguistic University where I studied!

I hope you have a great time and please share your impressions when you come back. Do not hesitate to contact me should you have any specific questions.
Collapse

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 04:45
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks for the info! Aug 10, 2002

And I will certainly have a closer look at the Hotel Oktyabrskaya!

Also sincere thanks to Ludwig Chekhovtsov who wrote me in private.

Have a nice weekend,

Evert Deloof-Sys
[addsig]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Nizhny Novgorod

Translation news in Russian Federation

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »