Thread poster: Uldis Liepkalns

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 04:14
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Nov 28, 2006

Just want to relay my experience: yesterday night I received this email message:

X-Persona:
Return-Path:
Received: from hg.com (201-255-77-219.mrse.com.ar [201.255.77.219] (may be forged))
by bofh.lv (8.13.8/8.12.9) with ESMTP id kARJNZZg014850
for ; Mon, 27 Nov 2006 21:24:07 +0200
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:24:19 -0300
X-Mailer: vixhwlxe
Reply-To: vdhocn@aol.com
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Message-ID: 2094755344.897477928@hg.com
To:
Subject: Protected Mail Service
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="183B148B"
X-UIDL: bK8"!%h3"!/n!#!*R!!!
====================
You have received Protected E-mail

To read the message open attached file.

User ID: 20770
Password: 698c1bed

Keep your password in a safe place.

Sincerely,
Protected Mail Service,
AOL.com
_________
http://hllhl.12gbl.com.ua - New Trading System!

message.zip

My Kaspersky 6.0 didn't see anything wrong with attached file, though I set it to especially scan it (I didn't attempt to unzip it, of course- but Kaspersky normally finds bad guys also in compressed files of all formats), instead I Skyped the message and the file to the local Kaspersky representative. He replied he will immediately send it to the KAV headquarters.

And behold- about 3 hours later, with fresh antivirus updates (Kaspersky updates are by default automatic every hour) my Kaspersky did find virus (Trojan Downloader) in the said zip file and deleted it.

I was impressed and surely will stick with KAV

Uldis

P.S. On the second thought, I just changed that weblink in the quoted message, as I'm not sure if clicking on it as it was in original is safe.

[Rediģēts plkst. 2006-11-28 23:30]

Direct link Reply with quote

satish krishna itikela  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 07:44
Member (2011)
English to Telugu
+ ...
'It really works well' Nov 29, 2006

Hi Uldis,

Iam a freelance professional from india, since many months iam using this Kaspersky software it really works well and its firewall system is really very hard to break for any type of viruses needed if we set the options pefectly. My system is safe because of this software, previously i was using Norton anti virus but it was not so effective to stop virus. Thank you for the makers of this antivirus. That is all i can tell about this.

Regards,
Satish.

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 03:14
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
I am using AVIRA in the firewall... Nov 29, 2006

... but have already (based on, oh well, gut feeling) decided to switch to Kaspersky. Thanks for the nudge.

smo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How Kaspersky works

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search