How to spell check?
Thread poster: Andjelo Miklic
Andjelo Miklic
Andjelo Miklic
Local time: 02:39
English to Croatian
+ ...
Jan 15, 2004

How to spell check translated (target) text in Trados? Thank you!

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
More details, please Jan 15, 2004

Hi Andjelo,
As a general rule, you should always provide as much information as possible when dealing with a problem.

To answer your question, we need to know which editor you're using (MS Word, TagEditor or one of the T-Windows). It's also generally important to indicate the software version (although that shouldn't be too much of an issue here).

Best regards, Ralf

Andjelo Miklic
Andjelo Miklic
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry! Jan 15, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Andjelo,
As a general rule, you should always provide as much information as possible when dealing with a problem.

To answer your question, we need to know which editor you're using (MS Word, TagEditor or one of the T-Windows). It's also generally important to indicate the software version (although that shouldn't be too much of an issue here).

Best regards, Ralf

Andjelo Miklic
Andjelo Miklic
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry! Jan 15, 2004

I am working with Trados 5.5 freelancer, and I am using Tag editor.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check the Help function Jan 15, 2004

Thanks.

The spell checking options in TagEditor are explained in detail in the TagEditor Help: use the Index section and search for Spelling tab. You can use the built-in spell checker ("WinterTree"), or MS Word.

Please let me know if there are any further problems.

Best regards, Ralf

Laure Delpech
Laure Delpech  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
English to French
I can't access the French spellchecker in Tageditor Apr 28, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Thanks.

The spell checking options in TagEditor are explained in detail in the TagEditor Help: use the Index section and search for Spelling tab. You can use the built-in spell checker ("WinterTree"), or MS Word.

Please let me know if there are any further problems.

Best regards, Ralf

Hi Ralf,

I read with interest what you wrote above, because I have never managed to use the French spell checker in Tageditor and, apparently, I'm not the only one.

I went to Tools > Plug-ins. "Spelling Checkers" is ticked and there is a circle with a dot inside it next to "Word spelling checkers". But if I select "Word spelling checkers" and click on "Properties", I get the message "This plug-in does not support property pages". I have left Word 2002 open (as it seems important to do so in order for Tageditor to access the spellchecker in Word).

And I can't see any WinterTree.

I use Tageditor 6.5.5.438. I would be grateful for suggestions.

Cheers,
Laure

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to spell check?

Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »