looking for press release translation theory: any suggestion?
Thread poster: Francesca Arlotti
Francesca Arlotti
Francesca Arlotti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:57
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 17, 2009

Hello,

I am looking for bibliographical references to texts dealing with the translation of press folders/ press releases published in web sites and on the cultural differences as far as marketing communication is concerned.
Does anyone have any suggestion?
Unfortunately this topic is not largely discussed.... Any piece of literature in English, German or Italian would be good!

Thank you very much!...
See more
Hello,

I am looking for bibliographical references to texts dealing with the translation of press folders/ press releases published in web sites and on the cultural differences as far as marketing communication is concerned.
Does anyone have any suggestion?
Unfortunately this topic is not largely discussed.... Any piece of literature in English, German or Italian would be good!

Thank you very much!
Collapse

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:57
Italian to English
Welcome Aug 17, 2009

Hello Fra Arlotti

I can't help you with your question I'm afraid but (as Co-moderator of this forum), I just wanted to take the opportunity to welcome you to the site. If you need help in making use of it, do please ask me or another moderator for advice.
I look forward to reading other users' replies to your topic.
Kind regards

Russell Jones

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
References? Aug 17, 2009

Fra Arlotti wrote:
I am looking for bibliographical references to texts dealing with the translation of press folders/ press releases published in web sites...

Are you looking for bibliographical references only or do you want to read the actual content that the reference is referring to? And do you want information on web sites about press-releases or do you want information about press-releases on web sites?

Elizabeth Adams
Elizabeth Adams  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:57
Member (2002)
Russian to English
monocultural reference - starting point Aug 17, 2009

I don't have any books that deal with translating press releases, but a good basic reference is:
"Strategic Writing: Multimedia Writing for Public Relations, Advertising, Sales and Marketing, and Business Communication" by Charles Marsh, David Guth and Bonnie Short.

If you want a basic guide to U.S. conventions for PR writing, this is a good desk reference. Some of the content is a little outdated, but it's got good basic info. Then you can adapt releases with the right struc
... See more
I don't have any books that deal with translating press releases, but a good basic reference is:
"Strategic Writing: Multimedia Writing for Public Relations, Advertising, Sales and Marketing, and Business Communication" by Charles Marsh, David Guth and Bonnie Short.

If you want a basic guide to U.S. conventions for PR writing, this is a good desk reference. Some of the content is a little outdated, but it's got good basic info. Then you can adapt releases with the right structure in mind.

I want to put together a tutorial on the difference between Russian and U.S. press releases, so if you find anything interesting on cross-cultural differences in PR writing let us know, I'd like to read it!
Collapse

Francesca Arlotti
Francesca Arlotti  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks and more Aug 18, 2009

To Russel Jones: Thank you very much!

To Samuel Murray: I also want to read texts, of course, I was asking for references so that I could come up with new ideas. I am looking for information on press releases that are published in web sites. Thank you!

To Elisabeth Adams: Thank you very much for the information! I’ll look for it! I am ac
... See more
To Russel Jones: Thank you very much!

To Samuel Murray: I also want to read texts, of course, I was asking for references so that I could come up with new ideas. I am looking for information on press releases that are published in web sites. Thank you!

To Elisabeth Adams: Thank you very much for the information! I’ll look for it! I am actually working from German into Italian but as I said, anything now can be interesting/useful. I’ll certainly let you know about what I found in my research!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

looking for press release translation theory: any suggestion?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »