scriptwriting program needed for translation: Final Draft
Thread poster: simona dachille

simona dachille  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:05
Italian to English
Sep 14, 2008

I have been asked to get a program used for scriptwriting by a company I work for in order to be able to continue working with them. The program is called Final Draft and I have been told that it is available as a free download. I have attempted with emule but only got the trial version. Any suggestions? TIA

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-09-15 09:12]

Direct link Reply with quote

Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
Free version Sep 15, 2008

The only legitimate free release is the demo. If you do decide to buy the program, make sure you get the right version: there's one version for standard movie/TV scripts, and a different one for two-column video scripts. Be sure you know which your client wants you to use. I almost ordered the wrong one last year.

Each version costs about $200, so you'll need to evaluate whether it's worth spending that much to buy a program that only one of your clients requires.

[Edited at 2008-09-15 14:56]

simona dachille  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:05
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks... Sep 15, 2008

I'll ask them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

scriptwriting program needed for translation: Final Draft

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search