scriptwriting program needed for translation: Final Draft
Thread poster: simona dachille

simona dachille  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:05
Italian to English
Sep 14, 2008

I have been asked to get a program used for scriptwriting by a company I work for in order to be able to continue working with them. The program is called Final Draft and I have been told that it is available as a free download. I have attempted with emule but only got the trial version. Any suggestions? TIA

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-09-15 09:12]

Direct link Reply with quote

Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
Free version Sep 15, 2008

The only legitimate free release is the demo. If you do decide to buy the program, make sure you get the right version: there's one version for standard movie/TV scripts, and a different one for two-column video scripts. Be sure you know which your client wants you to use. I almost ordered the wrong one last year.

Each version costs about $200, so you'll need to evaluate whether it's worth spending that much to buy a program that only one of your clients requires.

[Edited at 2008-09-15 14:56]

simona dachille  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:05
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks... Sep 15, 2008

I'll ask them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

scriptwriting program needed for translation: Final Draft

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search