smarinella
smarinella  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:12
German to Italian
+ ...
May 17, 2005

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a comprehensive glossary about 'work' (labour protection, labour legislation, professions, trade union and so on). German>Italian or multilingual.

I happened to buy one, in 4 languages (GE,EN,FR,IT)- over 1400 pages, of the Italian Industrial Chamber, but unfortunately is not quite new (1964!!!).

Does anybody know if there is something similar, also on the web?

Thanks a lot in advance

smarinella

Deborah Shannon
Deborah Shannon  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
EMIRE database and IAB glossaries May 17, 2005

smarinella wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a comprehensive glossary about 'work' (labour protection, labour legislation, professions, trade union and so on). German>Italian or multilingual.

I happened to buy one, in 4 languages (GE,EN,FR,IT)- over 1400 pages, of the Italian Industrial Chamber, but unfortunately is not quite new (1964!!!).

Does anybody know if there is something similar, also on the web?

Thanks a lot in advance

smarinella

Hi there,

You might find EMIRE useful: the online version of the European Employment and Industrial Relations Glossaries, which explain the national industrial relations systems of the EU member states through their terminology. http://www.eurofound.eu.int/emire/emire.html

A new German-English-French labour market glossary was published at the end of last year, but unfortunately no Italian section - see:
http://idw-online.de/pages/de/news92298
Feel free to mail me for more details (I have it on CD).

All the best, Deborah

Andrea Bullrich
Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:12
English to Spanish
ILOTERM May 17, 2005

Hi,
You can try ILOTERM, the International Labour Organization term base. I found it very useful.
http://www.ilo.org/iloterm/
Good luck,
Andrea

Pat Jenner (X)
Pat Jenner (X)
Local time: 14:12
German to English
+ ...
confirming EMIRE May 17, 2005

I occasionally use the French and German paper verions of this, and find them comprehensive and accurate. I didn't know that they were available on-line, so thanks to Deborah for that information.

smarinella
smarinella  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Jun 8, 2005

thanks a lot for all information, especially for Emire. I do like it!

smarinella

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

a glossary about 'work'

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »