Thread poster: Elena Aclasto
Elena Aclasto
Elena Aclasto  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:06
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 1, 2014

Hello, maybe it is a dumb question, I am planning to buy Wordfast but wanted to try the demo version first, I am using "libre Office", does Wordfast work on it? Because I cannot even install it and I thought that maybe it was due to this. Thank you for your kind feedback.

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:06
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
No Nov 1, 2014

Wordfast Classic works with Microsoft Office only. With LibreOffice, you might want to try Anaphraseus. It uses the sane TM and glossary formats as WF and features a similar workflow.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Finnish to French
See compatibility page Nov 2, 2014

ELE7177 wrote:
I am planning to buy Wordfast but wanted to try the demo version first, I am using "libre Office", does Wordfast work on it? Because I cannot even install it

See the compatibility page at wordfast.net > products > compatibility.

Wordfast Classic works as a Microsoft Word add-on. You therefore need a compatible version of MS Word (for Windows or Mac) in order to install it. You can find detailed installation instructions here.

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Or try Wordfast Pro Nov 3, 2014

I personally prefer Wordfast Classic (the one that works with MS Word) but I also use Wordfast Pro for certain projects. Wordfast Pro is a standalone program, you might want to try the demo version of Wordfast Pro if you don't have/don't want to invest in MS Word.

Elena Aclasto
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
wordfast on office 2013? Nov 3, 2014

Thank you all for your advide they have been very helpful. Last question, does anyone know if Wordfast runs on Office 2013 ( the "365 days" version for one year only) ?

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Yes, it works with all versions of Word Nov 3, 2014

except for Word 2008 for Mac, see here:

http://www.wordfast.com/fr/products_wordfast.html

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
Office 365 = Office 2013 + Microsoft cloud services Nov 11, 2014

ELE7177 wrote:
Last question, does anyone know if Wordfast runs on Office 2013 ( the "365 days" version for one year only) ?

From the point of view of Wordfast (Classic), Office 2013 and Office 365 are the same thing. Office 365 is Office 2013 with Microsoft's cloud services (OneDrive, previously known as SkyDrive). It is sold as a yearly subscription, hence the name 365.

Installation instructions for Word 2013 can be found here. This is for Wordfast Classic.

Wordfast Pro is a standalone application that doesn't need Microsoft Office at all. However, it can use some of Office's functions (eg. spellchecking) if installed.

Elena Aclasto
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANK YOU Nov 11, 2014

Thanks all again for your precious help .

Henrique Mariotto
Henrique Mariotto  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:06
Member (2009)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Office 365 Jul 25, 2015

Hi. I am using Office 365 and my Wordfast 5.92 is not pulling from PPT files.

Any ideas?

Dominique Pivard
Finnish to French
Office 2010 or older for PowerPoint/Excel with Classic Jul 25, 2015

Henrique Mariotto wrote:
Hi. I am using Office 365 and my Wordfast 5.92 is not pulling from PPT files.

If you want to translate PowerPoint with Wordfast Classic (whether the current 6.13 or the older 5.92), you need to be using MS Office 2010 (or older).
Wordfast Pro (and Anywhere) will let you translate PowerPoint files (and many other file formats), regardless of your version of MS Office.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

demo version not working

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »