Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
KudoZ Milestone: One millionth question asked
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 18:04
SITE FOUNDER
Apr 13, 2005

Today, April 13, 2005, we hit a new milestone as a community: One million KudoZ questions asked.

The millionth question was asked by Sylvain Leray. The question is here: http://proz.com/kudoz/1000000

I would like to congratulate all those who have participated in this achievement, by answering or asking, and also the moderators and staff memb
... See more
Today, April 13, 2005, we hit a new milestone as a community: One million KudoZ questions asked.

The millionth question was asked by Sylvain Leray. The question is here: http://proz.com/kudoz/1000000

I would like to congratulate all those who have participated in this achievement, by answering or asking, and also the moderators and staff members who have shaped the platform that made it possible. The 1-million figure is a testament to the spirit of collaboration that forms the basis of our workplace and community.

As staff, we intend to hold off on celebrating until the time that one million questions have been *answered* (which barring major changes will be soon). In the time leading up to that, we'll be making changes that will improve the KudoZ experience, and also provide ways to better leverage the knowledge contained in the KudoZ archives. Along the way, we ask for your support and continued engagement in the improvement process.
Collapse

Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 03:34
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Congratulations Apr 13, 2005

It is a great achievement.

Federica D'Alessio
Federica D'Alessio
Italy
Local time: 00:04
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Congratulations! Apr 13, 2005

...and a gift for the Asker!

GILLES MEUNIER
GILLES MEUNIER  Identity Verified
France
English to French
Sylvain Leray Apr 13, 2005

Sylvain, you have to pay champagne))

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
Champagne Apr 13, 2005

Well, I've done nothing to deserve such a consideration... what if the question would have been "I love you" or one of "these" askers?...

Gilles, Champagne is offered at the given URL of the question... but only in plastic flutes, and I don't know if there is anything left... I had to leave early

Well, now that I've paid champagne...
... See more
Well, I've done nothing to deserve such a consideration... what if the question would have been "I love you" or one of "these" askers?...

Gilles, Champagne is offered at the given URL of the question... but only in plastic flutes, and I don't know if there is anything left... I had to leave early

Well, now that I've paid champagne... what did I win?

Sylvain
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Is the address in your profile up to date, Sylvain? Apr 13, 2005

Hi Sylvain,

It was indeed lucky that you, someone who has been an exemplary participant as both asker and answerer, were the one to ask the millionth question!

If you tell me the address in your profile is up to date, I'll mail your gift today. It won't be champagne (you are lucky to have the real thing locally!), just a little something to commemorate your having done your part all along the way.

Henry

Sylvain Leray
Member (2003)
German to French
Correct address Apr 13, 2005

Hi Henry,

Yes, my address is up to date.
Thank you so much, but I deserve no merit for that!

Sylvain

lien
lien
Netherlands
English to French
+ ...
Bravo Sylvain ! Apr 13, 2005

Plop (bruit de bouchon)! C'est tombé sur un français ! Cocorico !

J'espère qu'on va t'offrir une carte de membre Platinum à vie.

[Edited at 2005-04-13 22:53]
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Bravo Henry Apr 13, 2005

That's very nice.

You can offer Sylvain a new cat, he loves them

Claudia

Sylvain Leray
Member (2003)
German to French
Claudia and her good ideas ;) Apr 13, 2005

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

That's very nice.

You can offer Sylvain a new cat, he loves them

Claudia

1) I don't think it would enjoy the flight
And 2), I already have three cats, I think that's enough... by the way, one of them spent the night in my office last night... guess what it left me on the floor as a gift?

Jean-Marie Le Ray
Jean-Marie Le Ray  Identity Verified
France
Italian to French
+ ...
Dupond et Dupont Apr 13, 2005

lien wrote:

Plop (bruit de bouchon)! C'est tombé sur un français ! Cocorico !

Je dirais plus : c'est tombé sur un Le Ray ! Euh, pardon : Leray ! Bon, c'est pas tout ça, il est où mon cadeau ?

Cheers

Jean-Marie

sarahl (X)
sarahl (X)
Local time: 15:04
English to French
+ ...
Where's the party? Apr 13, 2005

Henry,

I hope you're throwing a party!

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Of course we are... Apr 13, 2005

Absolutely! In fact, the party has spilled out into the street here. Here's a photo... Wish you all were here!

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
I have searched, and searched Apr 14, 2005

I am constantly searching for translation and interpreting sites. I have not been able to find a place like Proz: professional, complete, fun, tremendously helpful. It has been just over a year that I stumbled upon it and there has not been one day that I had not logged in to learn, to consult, to chat. It has been an incredible and enriching experience from an incredible site.
Congratulations!

Aurora Humarán (X)
Aurora Humarán (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 19:04
English to Spanish
+ ...
Congrats to Sylvain !!! Apr 14, 2005

to all of us (askers, answerers, posters, etc.) and to our ProZident [(R) Parrot].

A translator's life can be divided into two parts: before Proz.com and after Proz.com, there is no doubt about that.

And I have to leave now (no time for champagne!) as I need to go to ... KudoZ!

au

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ Milestone: One millionth question asked

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »