Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 01:13
English to German
+ ...
Jan 31, 2004

Hi!
I have a customer in China, he does not do paypal or Moneybookers, and says additionally that there are some ceilings imposed by the chinese Govt. on wiring. He said he would pay to proz.com wallet. What to do.

I had advised him not to do it yet.

I invite all help
brandis

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Accepting payments through the wallet no longer possible Jan 31, 2004

Hi Brandis,
Accepting payments through the wallet used to be possible (quite some time ago), but ProZ.com was forced to withdraw the service following a case of abuse (search the forums for "ProZ.com wallet" to find the thread where Henry explained the details).

You can point your customer to the FAQ where non-availability is confirmed.

H
... See more
Hi Brandis,
Accepting payments through the wallet used to be possible (quite some time ago), but ProZ.com was forced to withdraw the service following a case of abuse (search the forums for "ProZ.com wallet" to find the thread where Henry explained the details).

You can point your customer to the FAQ where non-availability is confirmed.

HTH - Ralf
Collapse

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
You have already received an answer to this question one week ago Jan 31, 2004

http://www.proz.com/topic/17599

I wonder why you would ask the same question again after one week, when you were told back then the service is not available.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Ooops... Jan 31, 2004

...I guess I should start wondering about my memory now...

Regarding the underlying question, AFAIK there are indeed exchange controls in place in China, but that doesn't mean they cannot pay. Anyway, this goes to show that it's a good idea to agree on payment terms before accepting a job.

Best regards, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

client wants to pay to my wallet, what to do

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »