Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]
Poll: What is the view from your workspace?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
simon tanner
simon tanner  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:22
Italian to English
+ ...
the straits Jan 11, 2009

Nice to see at least 3% of us have a view of the sea, which for me is tops. From my study desk I have a view of the bookcase, but if I go upstairs, I have a fantastic view over the Straits of Messina, the Scylla and Charybdis of Greek mythology. That's one of the reasons I avoid working upstairs on the dining table - too distracting!

Ronja Addams-Moring
Ronja Addams-Moring  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 00:22
Finnish to Swedish
+ ...
Children's playground Jan 12, 2009

It is at times distracting to watch my own and the neighbors' kids at play after school, but I rather prefer to keep an eye on the swings, as my own and the older kids are such thrill seekers. Besides, it taxes my time and my nerves less to at times leap to the front door and yell when things are just starting to look dangerous compared to how heart-wrenching and time-consuming it would be to take an injured kid to the hospital
... See more
It is at times distracting to watch my own and the neighbors' kids at play after school, but I rather prefer to keep an eye on the swings, as my own and the older kids are such thrill seekers. Besides, it taxes my time and my nerves less to at times leap to the front door and yell when things are just starting to look dangerous compared to how heart-wrenching and time-consuming it would be to take an injured kid to the hospital

Happy New Year to all!

Ronja
Collapse

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Brussels from the 14th floor Jan 12, 2009

I see a panorama of Brussels:
http://public.fotki.com/tradofilia/lex/thelandscape/img2839.html

I have taken the following pictures from my building:
http://animoto.com/play/HOfYr1VaImr1XD4rYwkFaQ

Rebecca Garber
Rebecca Garber  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:22
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
our garden Jan 12, 2009

with the terrace my husband built, the neighbor's magnolia (idiot built a garage and now we have the best view of his beautiful tree), the Japanese style fence our neighbor built (which now has a foot of snow but in summer has 3 colors of clematis), and the sculptures my in-laws gave us.
It's not spectacular, but it's comfortable in all seasons.

Max Chernov
Max Chernov
Russian Federation
Local time: 00:22
Russian to German
+ ...
View from the window of my working room Feb 6, 2009

From the window of my room can I see one of Moscow' railways, after it is the famous trading-center of electronic goods in Moscow (Electronic on the Presnja), and every night from my window is to see the advertising-table: the giant red letters "ЭЛЕКТРОНИКА НА ПРЕСНЕ" - it was one time, and that has irritating us, but we have then get used...

Miranda Joubioux (X)
Miranda Joubioux (X)  Identity Verified
French to English
It depends on which way I look Feb 9, 2009

and whether the door to my office is open or closed (It's generally open).
to the left I have a view of the front garden and street - handy for seeing the postman in the mornings. At the moment I can see the neighbour's acacia coming in to flower.
To the right (when the door is open), I can see our wooden decking, the birds tucking into peanuts hanging from the pergola, the garden, the field and its occupants (horses), and in the winter I can sometimes see a château in the distance.
... See more
and whether the door to my office is open or closed (It's generally open).
to the left I have a view of the front garden and street - handy for seeing the postman in the mornings. At the moment I can see the neighbour's acacia coming in to flower.
To the right (when the door is open), I can see our wooden decking, the birds tucking into peanuts hanging from the pergola, the garden, the field and its occupants (horses), and in the winter I can sometimes see a château in the distance.

If I look straight ahead, my only view is my screen, a large calendar, a picture of the Book of Kells and a large quantity of post-its telling me what not to forget.
Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 16:22
Spanish
+ ...
Fall! Oct 22, 2009

I can see fall from my window!

Holly Nathan (X)
Holly Nathan (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
Prince william Mar 18, 2011

The living room wall and a framed photo of Prince william, Harry and the Queen (not my doing, I hasten to add).
There is room for a photo of william and Kate too.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What is the view from your workspace?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »