Thread poster: Cibeles (X)
Cibeles (X)
Cibeles (X)

Local time: 03:49
German to Spanish
+ ...
May 11, 2008

Hello!

Some time ago I have updated in my desktop computer to Trados 8.2.0835. It runs fine.

Now I have also updated in my notebook. I use the same licence file as in the desktop computer. But when I run the activation procedure the result is that Trados runs in demo mode. The licence will not be accepted.

The activation in the Licence Manager with the activation code fails.

Available licenses:
Translator's Workbench/SDLX, Versio
... See more
Hello!

Some time ago I have updated in my desktop computer to Trados 8.2.0835. It runs fine.

Now I have also updated in my notebook. I use the same licence file as in the desktop computer. But when I run the activation procedure the result is that Trados runs in demo mode. The licence will not be accepted.

The activation in the Licence Manager with the activation code fails.

Available licenses:
Translator's Workbench/SDLX, Version 7.x Freelance
Japanese UI for Translator's Workbench, Version 7.x
TagEditor, Version 7.x
Japanese UI for TagEditor, Version 7.x
T-Window for PowerPoint, Version 7.x
T-Window for Excel, Version 7.x
T-Window for Resources, Version 7.x
T-Window for Executables, Version 7.x
WinAlign, Version 7.x Freelance
Japanese UI for WinAlign, Version 7.x
S-Tagger for FrameMaker, Version 7.x
S-Tagger for Interleaf, Version 7.x

Unter Install licence I see only:
LOCAL_TRIAL_FID_14 - expirates on 10.05.08

Do you know a solution for this problem?

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Clara Morales
Duisburg
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Activation for SDL Trados 2007 has changed May 11, 2008

Trados 8.2.0.835 ist the version "SDL Trados 2007 SP2" - and so it does not use the license file anymore. It is activated with the code you can find in the "License" section of your account at www.sdl.com
As you most probably do have only one license, you can only activate one instance of this software at the time.
What you can do is to give the license from your desktop back and activate the software on t
... See more
Trados 8.2.0.835 ist the version "SDL Trados 2007 SP2" - and so it does not use the license file anymore. It is activated with the code you can find in the "License" section of your account at www.sdl.com
As you most probably do have only one license, you can only activate one instance of this software at the time.
What you can do is to give the license from your desktop back and activate the software on the laptop and vice versa.
You can activate and deactivate the software according to your needs (working on laptop OR desktop) as many times, as you wish (I've tried to do so several times, but of course this information is not based on my personal experience, but on what I was told by SDL Trados).

BR
Jerzy
Collapse

Cibeles (X)
Cibeles (X)

German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have not access to my desktop computer May 11, 2008

Hello Jerzy,

thank you very much for your very usefull answer. I had already this suspected. The very big problem now is that I am now in another country and I have not possibility to get to my desktop computer.

How can I return the licence file of my desktop computer from my notebook?

Regards

Clara

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Ask someone to do that from your desktop May 11, 2008

Unfortunately there is no way you could do that yourself.
You can either ask someone to do so from your desktop or contact SDL support to get the license reseted. It does not take long.

BR
Jerzy

Cibeles (X)
Cibeles (X)

German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Contacting SDL Support: not so easy May 11, 2008

Hello Jerzy,

well, now it´s everything clear. The problem now is to contact SDL support. I do not have any "premium support" contract and I do not know any contact person there. But I will try to get anyhow a telefon-number.

Thank you again and have a nice rest Sunday

Regards

Clara

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Just call the office in Maidenhead and ask May 11, 2008

You can find the contact data for Maidenhead here: http://www.sdl.com/en/company/locations/SDL_Maidenhead__UK_.asp
The telephone number there is +44 1628 410100
I'm quite certain you'll find some help there.

BR
Jerzy

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Stille entitled to support for installation issues May 12, 2008

Clara Morales Gonzalez wrote:
The problem now is to contact SDL support. I do not have any "premium support" contract and I do not know any contact person there. But I will try to get anyhow a telefon-number.

Hi Clara,

AFAIK, you should still be entitled to support for installation issues. If you can't find a local German number, go with Jerzy's advice and chase the headquarters!

/Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 8.2.0835 Licence file is not accepted in my notebook

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »