Stefan de Boeck (X)
Stefan de Boeck (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 22:36
English to Dutch
+ ...
much obliged Jul 20, 2008

Thanks, guys.

Even if I will start reusing the old Word editor again only to populate a TM, and finish up in TagEditor, it’s still a relief to see Word up to speed again. The hotfix seems to work alright.

(Vista/Office 2007/Trados 835)

Alexandra Beisl
Alexandra Beisl  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Microsoft Hotfix won't install Jan 19, 2011

Hi there

So far I have been lucky (I run a relatively late version of SDL Trados 2007: Build 863), but tonight the lergy struck. I have read up on it and found that a Microsoft Hotfix exists to solve the problem. I requested the hotfix as instructed on http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/articleDirect/index.aspx?aid=2211&r=0.6221398 by SDL Trados
... See more
Hi there

So far I have been lucky (I run a relatively late version of SDL Trados 2007: Build 863), but tonight the lergy struck. I have read up on it and found that a Microsoft Hotfix exists to solve the problem. I requested the hotfix as instructed on http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/articleDirect/index.aspx?aid=2211&r=0.6221398 by SDL Trados in their knowledge base, received the download, but on trying to install the hotfix, I get the following message: “The expected version of the product was not found on the system” although MS Office 2007 is clearly installed on my system. Any suggestions here? Could this have anything to do that the operating system is Windows 7 64 bit? I know that not working in word would be a better option, but the client has requested a segmented word file, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Alexandra
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Any other Office version on your system? Jan 19, 2011

TBH I think this is a wrong forum for your question, as the problem is the Microsoft patch and not Trados per se...
Office products may be tricky, sometimes only a new clean install can solve problems. However, this is something you need to research at Microsoft knowledge base.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Microsoft Word 2007 Hotfix available for SDL Trados 2007 SP2

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »