How to translate a link written in HTML?
Thread poster: Spanish-English Translator
Spanish-English Translator
Local time: 21:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 20, 2006

I would like to translate into Spanish some links written in English in HTML, without losing the link. They appear in blue. How can I do that?

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:05
English to Turkish
+ ...
Document type? Oct 21, 2006

Hello,

Are your links in a Word document or in another format?

Cecilia Falk
Cecilia Falk  Identity Verified
English to Swedish
Search and replace Oct 21, 2006

Hello,
If this is in Word I have noticed that the best way to do this is to do use the dialog box for search and replace. This does not change the underlying hyperlink. To make sure that the link is intact you can right click on it and choose Toggle Field Codes before and after you have made the change.

Best regards,
Cecilia

Claudia Krysztofiak
Claudia Krysztofiak  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
In the source code ... Oct 21, 2006

If you work in HTML source code the link looks something like:

link text you may change freely

The text behind the href= is the actual link adress you wish to keep, leave everything between < > as is. The text between the and is the text that is visible in your translated text.
You can change it to the translated version.

In many HTML-editors, if you work in layout mod
... See more
If you work in HTML source code the link looks something like:

link text you may change freely

The text behind the href= is the actual link adress you wish to keep, leave everything between < > as is. The text between the and is the text that is visible in your translated text.
You can change it to the translated version.

In many HTML-editors, if you work in layout mode, you can open a dialog box for editing when right-clicking a link. You can then enter the translation into the field where the text of the link (not the URL) is written.

[Bearbeitet am 2006-10-21 09:57]

[Bearbeitet am 2006-10-21 09:59]
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Depends on the program Oct 23, 2006

argentranslator wrote:
I would like to translate into Spanish some links written in English in HTML, without losing the link. They appear in blue.

Some programs only mark the hyperlink in blue if it starts with http or if it starts with www or if it ends on a slash. It depends which program you are using.

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I am translating a Word document Oct 23, 2006

Özden Arıkan wrote:

Hello,

Are your links in a Word document or in another format?

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More details Oct 23, 2006

Cecilia Falk wrote:

Hello,
If this is in Word I have noticed that the best way to do this is to do use the dialog box for search and replace. This does not change the underlying hyperlink. To make sure that the link is intact you can right click on it and choose Toggle Field Codes before and after you have made the change.

Best regards,
Cecilia

Dear Cecilia;
Could you please give me more detailed instructions? If I replace the text, the link disappears.
Thanks.
Esthergini

Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:05
German to English
+ ...
In Word (2003) Oct 23, 2006

I right click and choose "Edit hyperlink" - that allows you to change the blue text in your doc without messing with the actual link. However, if the link refers to a multi-lingual Web site, the customer may have to adjust the links so that they point to the pages in the appropriate language.

Hope that helps! If you post more details, we can give a more precise answer!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to translate a link written in HTML?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »