Free Cat Tool for Mac
Thread poster: Cristina Tormen

Cristina Tormen
Italy
Local time: 10:08
English to Italian
Apr 27, 2017

Hello everybody,
I'm a translator since few months, so I'm a beginner. I would like to start using a cat tool, but I'm not ready to buy one, as I don't know yet if this is going to by MY job.

Could you tell me if there is any free cat tool available for Mac? I know Across, but it doesn't work for Mac.

Thank you very much for your help!

Cristina


Direct link Reply with quote
 

CafeTran Training
Netherlands
Local time: 10:08
omegaT Apr 27, 2017

www.omegat.org

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:08
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
are you a paying member of Proz.com? Apr 27, 2017

Cristina Tormen wrote:

Hello everybody,
I'm a translator since few months, so I'm a beginner. I would like to start using a cat tool, but I'm not ready to buy one, as I don't know yet if this is going to by MY job.

Could you tell me if there is any free cat tool available for Mac? I know Across, but it doesn't work for Mac.

Thank you very much for your help!

Cristina


If you're paying member of Proz.com, you get CafeTran for free, which is probably the best CAT tool for OS X at the moment.

Michael

https://www.cafetran.com/


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:08
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Not all paying members Apr 28, 2017

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer wrote:

Cristina Tormen wrote:

Hello everybody,
I'm a translator since few months, so I'm a beginner. I would like to start using a cat tool, but I'm not ready to buy one, as I don't know yet if this is going to by MY job.

Could you tell me if there is any free cat tool available for Mac? I know Across, but it doesn't work for Mac.

Thank you very much for your help!

Cristina


If you're paying member of Proz.com, you get CafeTran for free, which is probably the best CAT tool for OS X at the moment.

Michael

https://www.cafetran.com/


I am a paying member, but didn't subcribe for their 'new super magical package', so no cafetran for me.

[Edited at 2017-04-28 17:44 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

CafeTran Training
Netherlands
Local time: 10:08
Correct Apr 29, 2017

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer wrote:

If you're paying member of Proz.com, you get CafeTran for free, which is probably the best CAT tool for OS X at the moment.

Michael

https://www.cafetran.com/


I am a paying member, but didn't subcribe for their 'new super magical package', so no cafetran for me.


That's correct. CafeTran is only provided as part of the Proz Plus package. When you're a 'standard' paying user of Proz.com, you can use CafeTran in its demo mode:

In the Demo mode, CafeTran sets the 1000 segments limit for the translation memories (including the recalled ones) and 500 terms limit for the glossary.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:08
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
oh ja, da's waar ook. was ik vergeten [oh yeah, forgot about that] Apr 30, 2017

CafeTran Training wrote:

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer wrote:

If you're paying member of Proz.com, you get CafeTran for free, which is probably the best CAT tool for OS X at the moment.

Michael

https://www.cafetran.com/


I am a paying member, but didn't subcribe for their 'new super magical package', so no cafetran for me.


That's correct. CafeTran is only provided as part of the Proz Plus package. When you're a 'standard' paying user of Proz.com, you can use CafeTran in its demo mode:

In the Demo mode, CafeTran sets the 1000 segments limit for the translation memories (including the recalled ones) and 500 terms limit for the glossary.




Direct link Reply with quote
 

Cristina Tormen
Italy
Local time: 10:08
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 2, 2017

Thank you everyone for your help.
I'm not a paying member for now, I think I will try OmegaT to start.

Thank you again!

[Modificato alle 2017-05-02 16:06 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free Cat Tool for Mac

Advanced search







SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search