Initiator des Themas: Edwin Miles
Edwin Miles
Edwin Miles
Deutschland
Local time: 03:25
Mitglied (2008)
Deutsch > Englisch
May 8

Okay, I've just downloaded the Pastey app but I'm now confronted by the less-than-useful advice that "You can’t open the application “Pastey” because this application is not supported on this Mac."

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 11.58.57

This is on a 2020 iMac running the latest OS, 14.4.1 Sonoma (which killed Wordfast on Mac, btw...but that's another story).

I've opened a support ticket, but thought I'd check here first.

Anyone else encountering this? Is this an Intel thing? Any suggestions to get around it?

Thanks in advance
Ed

Akhikpemelo Solace

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Niederlande
Mitglied (2006)
Deutsch > Niederländisch
Strange May 8

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 13.06.43
Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 13.07.01

BTW: I'm curious when support for Claude will be available in CafeTran Espresso ...

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Niederlande
Mitglied (2006)
Deutsch > Niederländisch
Claude May 8

Speaking of support for Claude: looks like Pastey doesn't support Claude either ...

Edwin Miles
Edwin Miles
Deutschland
Local time: 03:25
Mitglied (2008)
Deutsch > Englisch
THEMENSTARTER
You're right, it does. Sometimes I miss the most obvious things... May 8

I downloaded the wrong version. On the download page, I saw the Windows version in the middle, Mac on the right. What I didn't see was the other Mac version on the left... I do, however -- and despite my own idiocy -- feel they could design that page a little better to group the two Mac versions together...

Hans Lenting wrote:

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 13.06.43
Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 13.07.01

BTW: I'm curious when support for Claude will be available in CafeTran Espresso ...

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Niederlande
Mitglied (2006)
Deutsch > Niederländisch
Same architecture May 9

Edwin Miles wrote:

This is on a 2020 iMac running the latest OS, 14.4.1 Sonoma (which killed Wordfast on Mac, btw...but that's another story).

Actually, it is quite related: wfp and Pastey have a different Java architecture.

BTW: Pastey has the same architecture as CafeTran. It runs on Intel too.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pastey as CAT tool, not working on Mac

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »