AppTranslator tool
Thread poster: xxxBrandis
xxxBrandis
Local time: 02:27
English to German
+ ...
Jun 11, 2006

Hi! I am asked to work with the above mentioned tool localizing application interfaces. The TMs are integrated,it seems and I cannot integrate my TM and or export from the tool . The help file system doesn´t cover this topic. If you have worked with tool, I shall appreciate all help. The tool was sent to me and I have no download link to mention. Best Brandis

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Claudio Nasso  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:27
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
About AppTranslator Jun 12, 2006

Hi Brandis,

I have received this SW too for a test, and I managed the interface test without any big problem.

In any case you can find further information through the SW menu:

Help > About appTranslator...

This will open the "About appTranslator" window where you can find the link:

http://www.apptranslator.com

to access their institutional Web site, where you can find further information.

Claudio

[Edited at 2006-06-12 06:46]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxBrandis
Local time: 02:27
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Claudio Jun 12, 2006

Claudio Nasso wrote:

Hi Brandis,

I have received this SW too for a test, and I managed the interface test without any big problem.

In any case you can find further information through the SW menu:

Help > About appTranslator...

This will open the "About appTranslator" window where you can find the link:

http://www.apptranslator.com

to access their institutional Web site, where you can find further information.

Claudio

[Edited at 2006-06-12 06:46]
Hi! managing the interface was not the problem I was talking about. I already have huge TMs which I cannot use with this tool and the Tm in the tool doesn´t given an option to export to a .tmx format. Generally said one is less free while working with this tool or do you know a way that may be a possibility enhancing this tool or work-around. Best Brandis


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:27
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
A fine program... for amateurs Jun 13, 2006

AppTranslator is a fine program for amateur translators, but not for professionals. You can't import and export TMs, nor can you export to any format which can be translated in a TM program. You can only export to AppT's own format, which can only be read by AppT (and it's a binary format, so you can't simply open it in Notepad).

Truly, I fail to see how AppTranslator is any better than the freeware program Resource Hacker, at http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/. At least with ResHack you can export all resource files to plaintext RC files (although you have to compile them before importing them back into ResHack).

I'm not sure how to compile VC++, though.

[Edited at 2006-06-13 12:38]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:27
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
XLIFF support soon, says developer Jun 15, 2006

Samuel Murray wrote:
You can't import and export TMs, nor can you export to any format which can be translated in a TM program.


According to private correspondence with the developer, the next version of appTranslator will have native import and export support for XLIFF. Right on!


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxBrandis
Local time: 02:27
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Samuel Jun 15, 2006

Samuel Murray wrote:

Samuel Murray wrote:
You can't import and export TMs, nor can you export to any format which can be translated in a TM program.


According to private correspondence with the developer, the next version of appTranslator will have native import and export support for XLIFF. Right on!
That is kind of you. I was given version 1.2 client side, it doesn´t do many things. Apparently the project is still in testing phase, I haven´t heard from the outsourcer since over a week. Best Brandis


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

AppTranslator tool

Advanced search






BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search