Off topic: Accomodations in Florence- help!
Thread poster: Juliana Brown

Juliana Brown  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 19:31
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 20, 2008

My husband and I are going to be in Italy in May for a week or so since he has a conference and I refused to be left home again (though I can't complain, since we travel a lot). It's our first time away with no children, and I am very excited!
We are only in Florence for a couple of days, before we go to the conference location (Prato). I would be endlessly thankful if one of you could suggest a nice bed and breakfast or small hotel in Florence which will not cost an arm and a leg and is fairly well-located. I don't need fancy, just clean and nice.
Grazie!

Direct link Reply with quote

Liliana Roman-Hamilton  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:31
English to Italian
One idea Sep 20, 2008

Hi Juliana,
In Florence I know a couple of B&B that are centrally located and are fairly reasonable being located in the heart of the city. One is the Johanna (I and II) and the other is the Johlea. http://www.johanna.it/struttura.php?file=residenze&leng=ita

Take a look at the link and see if this could be a solution, otherwise I'll be glad to give you some other options!

Have a nice week-end!
Liliana

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 02:31
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Take earplugs Sep 21, 2008

Back in June 2004 we spent some days in Hotel Enza. More cheep hotels you find here:
http://www.venere.com/search/?geoid=637&ref=33258&lg=en&cur=EUR&type=C&kwp=112-150-1#s=25&o=price&r=0&m=0&f=C000100000000000&sb=1

But anywhere in the center of Florence the mornings are noisy. After 4'o clock the shops raise their iron blinds and lower them again for deliveries. And we had moskitos all over the place.
So I would recommend to search for a high-rise building, less romantic, more comfortable.

Cheers
Heinrich

Paola Dentifrigi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:31
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
I can help you Sep 21, 2008

Hi Juliana,
I live in Florence, so I can help you (I can even check personally the location if you wish).
I'm rather busy now, but we have time till May. You can contact me thorugh my profile and we will work it out.
Cheers,
Paola

Israel
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everyone! Sep 21, 2008

I'm checking out the sites you sent, which look great, and I'll see about availability, etc.
Paola- thanks for the very generous offer. I'll for sure contact you before we go.
If anyone has "off the beaten" track suggestions- I'd love them...
Have a good Sunday everyone:).

Paola Dentifrigi  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Off the beaten track Sep 22, 2008

Not the very center of Florence. Like in Venice, there are still streets were tourists don't go. And they are so beautiful
I'll let you know.
Ciao,
Paola

Francesca Battaglia
Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
+ ...
Try this one Sep 27, 2008

Hey Juliana, Not sure if this comes too late but I have a couple of friends who run a sort of BB near florence. Let me know if you could be interested ;D
they don't do breakfasts though but it's very close to a lovely place where to eat good meals!

Israel
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Francesca Sep 27, 2008

We are not going until May, so any suggestions are still more than welcome! Is there a website for your friends' place?

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accomodations in Florence- help!

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search