Microsoft and Google MT plugins in Linux
Thread poster: Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Turkey
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Apr 6, 2013

Hi All,
Can anybody please simply explain in Linux in which file what to write for enabling Microsoft and Google MT plugins in the latest version?

I have read what written in http://www.proz.com/forum/omegat_support/241322-linux_omt_microsoft_translator_howto_needed.html

Didier Briel wrote:

Oleksandr Myslivets wrote:
Problem lies in enabling Microsoft Translator feature. I can check this option in Machine Translation menu, I have registered in Azure marketpalce and got Primary Account Key and Customer ID required for MS translator API working. But I have no idea where should I input these data in OmT. Or maybe I have to launch OmT using a special script, but I don't know its content. That's what I need to know.

Everything needed to launch OmegaT with Google Translate applies to Microsoft Translator. The only difference are the parameters.

For Google, it's:
-Dgoogle.api.key=123456789abcdef

For Microsoft, it's
-Dmicrosoft.api.client_id=yourkey -Dmicrosoft.api.client_secret=123456789abcdef

So, basically, you can launch OmegaT with
java -jar -Dmicrosoft.api.client_id=yourkey -Dmicrosoft.api.client_secret=123456789abcdef OmegaT.jar
(everything on the same line)

Didier



I tried them both in OmegaT.bat and Omegat.sh files and nothing happens (I couldn't succeed)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

M. Ali


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:32
English to Czech
INI file Apr 6, 2013


Or maybe I have to launch OmT using a special script, but I don't know its content.
Everything needed to launch OmegaT with Google Translate applies to Microsoft Translator. The only difference are the parameters.

For Google, it's:
-Dgoogle.api.key=123456789abcdef

For Microsoft, it's
-Dmicrosoft.api.client_id=yourkey -Dmicrosoft.api.client_secret=123456789abcdef



Open and edit INI file:

OmegaT.I4J.ini

Milan


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Turkey
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
? Apr 6, 2013

Milan Condak wrote:


Or maybe I have to launch OmT using a special script, but I don't know its content.
Everything needed to launch OmegaT with Google Translate applies to Microsoft Translator. The only difference are the parameters.

For Google, it's:
-Dgoogle.api.key=123456789abcdef

For Microsoft, it's
-Dmicrosoft.api.client_id=yourkey -Dmicrosoft.api.client_secret=123456789abcdef



Open and edit INI file:

OmegaT.I4J.ini

Milan


In Linux?
Please read my post.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:32
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
You must change the parameters in your launcher Apr 6, 2013

Ali Bayraktar wrote:
Can anybody please simply explain in Linux in which file what to write for enabling Microsoft and Google MT plugins in the latest version?

I have read what written in http://www.proz.com/forum/omegat_support/241322-linux_omt_microsoft_translator_howto_needed.html

Didier Briel wrote:

Oleksandr Myslivets wrote:
Problem lies in enabling Microsoft Translator feature. I can check this option in Machine Translation menu, I have registered in Azure marketpalce and got Primary Account Key and Customer ID required for MS translator API working. But I have no idea where should I input these data in OmT. Or maybe I have to launch OmT using a special script, but I don't know its content. That's what I need to know.

Everything needed to launch OmegaT with Google Translate applies to Microsoft Translator. The only difference are the parameters.

For Google, it's:
-Dgoogle.api.key=123456789abcdef

For Microsoft, it's
-Dmicrosoft.api.client_id=yourkey -Dmicrosoft.api.client_secret=123456789abcdef

So, basically, you can launch OmegaT with
java -jar -Dmicrosoft.api.client_id=yourkey -Dmicrosoft.api.client_secret=123456789abcdef OmegaT.jar
(everything on the same line)


I tried them both in OmegaT.bat and Omegat.sh files and nothing happens (I couldn't succeed)

OmegaT.bat is for Windows, I don't suppose you would use it under Linux.
I don't know where you got Omegat.sh, but that's not the name of the launcher provided by OmegaT. The file OmegaT provides in the Linux or generic distribution (perhaps you used that, since you have "OmegaT.bat") is called "OmegaT" (without any extension). If that's what you use to launch OmegaT, that's what you need to edit.

Basically, I suppose you double-click on something to launch OmegaT, or that you type something on the command line (e.g., ./OmegaT). This is that "something" that you must edit.

Didier


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Turkey
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
- Apr 6, 2013

Didier Briel wrote:

Ali Bayraktar wrote:
Can anybody please simply explain in Linux in which file what to write for enabling Microsoft and Google MT plugins in the latest version?

I have read what written in http://www.proz.com/forum/omegat_support/241322-linux_omt_microsoft_translator_howto_needed.html

Didier Briel wrote:

Oleksandr Myslivets wrote:
Problem lies in enabling Microsoft Translator feature. I can check this option in Machine Translation menu, I have registered in Azure marketpalce and got Primary Account Key and Customer ID required for MS translator API working. But I have no idea where should I input these data in OmT. Or maybe I have to launch OmT using a special script, but I don't know its content. That's what I need to know.

Everything needed to launch OmegaT with Google Translate applies to Microsoft Translator. The only difference are the parameters.

For Google, it's:
-Dgoogle.api.key=123456789abcdef

For Microsoft, it's
-Dmicrosoft.api.client_id=yourkey -Dmicrosoft.api.client_secret=123456789abcdef

So, basically, you can launch OmegaT with
java -jar -Dmicrosoft.api.client_id=yourkey -Dmicrosoft.api.client_secret=123456789abcdef OmegaT.jar
(everything on the same line)


I tried them both in OmegaT.bat and Omegat.sh files and nothing happens (I couldn't succeed)

OmegaT.bat is for Windows, I don't suppose you would use it under Linux.
I don't know where you got Omegat.sh, but that's not the name of the launcher provided by OmegaT. The file OmegaT provides in the Linux or generic distribution (perhaps you used that, since you have "OmegaT.bat") is called "OmegaT" (without any extension). If that's what you use to launch OmegaT, that's what you need to edit.

Basically, I suppose you double-click on something to launch OmegaT, or that you type something on the command line (e.g., ./OmegaT). This is that "something" that you must edit.

Didier


Thanks Didler,
I would be most grateful if you provide info about the content (I can implement methods for editing, opening, deleting and migrating the files).
The content is much more important for me (commands and paths)

I used the extension .sh for showing the type of the file launching OmegaT.
It is a shell script after all. And the letter .sh means that (if you right click on the file launching Omegat, you will see it)
So the file I called OmegaT.sh and the file you called OmegaT without extension are the same files.
I already tried all possible instructions in it.

Its content looks like as follows:

originally it comes:

#!/bin/bash
# readlink follows any symbolic links to get the real file
REALOMEGATPATH=`dirname "$(readlink -nf $0)"`
"${REALOMEGATPATH}/jre/bin/java" -jar -Xmx512M "${REALOMEGATPATH}/OmegaT.jar" $*


After my implementation it looks:

#!/bin/bash
# readlink follows any symbolic links to get the real file
REALOMEGATPATH=`dirname "$(readlink -nf $0)"`
"${REALOMEGATPATH}/jre/bin/java" -jar -Xmx512M -Dmicrosoft.api.client_id=My Client ID -Dmicrosoft.api.client_secret=My Client Secret "${REALOMEGATPATH}/OmegaT.jar" $*


I thik with this code it should work.
But doesnt.

Thanks in advance,


M. Ali


[Edited at 2013-04-06 18:33 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:32
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Try the OmegaT support group Apr 7, 2013

Ali Bayraktar wrote:
Its content looks like as follows:

originally it comes:

#!/bin/bash
# readlink follows any symbolic links to get the real file
REALOMEGATPATH=`dirname "$(readlink -nf $0)"`
"${REALOMEGATPATH}/jre/bin/java" -jar -Xmx512M "${REALOMEGATPATH}/OmegaT.jar" $*


After my implementation it looks:

#!/bin/bash
# readlink follows any symbolic links to get the real file
REALOMEGATPATH=`dirname "$(readlink -nf $0)"`
"${REALOMEGATPATH}/jre/bin/java" -jar -Xmx512M -Dmicrosoft.api.client_id=My Client ID -Dmicrosoft.api.client_secret=My Client Secret "${REALOMEGATPATH}/OmegaT.jar" $*


I thik with this code it should work.
But doesnt.

If you set everything correctly, it should work.

So, either what you use for "My Client ID" and "My Client Secret" is not correct, or there's something else I cannot guess.

I recommend asking for support in the Yahoo support group:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/OmegaT/

Didier


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Turkey
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 8, 2013

Didier Briel wrote:

Ali Bayraktar wrote:
Its content looks like as follows:

originally it comes:

#!/bin/bash
# readlink follows any symbolic links to get the real file
REALOMEGATPATH=`dirname "$(readlink -nf $0)"`
"${REALOMEGATPATH}/jre/bin/java" -jar -Xmx512M "${REALOMEGATPATH}/OmegaT.jar" $*


After my implementation it looks:

#!/bin/bash
# readlink follows any symbolic links to get the real file
REALOMEGATPATH=`dirname "$(readlink -nf $0)"`
"${REALOMEGATPATH}/jre/bin/java" -jar -Xmx512M -Dmicrosoft.api.client_id=My Client ID -Dmicrosoft.api.client_secret=My Client Secret "${REALOMEGATPATH}/OmegaT.jar" $*


I thik with this code it should work.
But doesnt.

If you set everything correctly, it should work.

So, either what you use for "My Client ID" and "My Client Secret" is not correct, or there's something else I cannot guess.

I recommend asking for support in the Yahoo support group:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/OmegaT/

Didier


Thanks for instructions.


Direct link Reply with quote
 


There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »


Microsoft and Google MT plugins in Linux

Advanced search






TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search