Sharing Violation when opening doc in TagEdior
Thread poster: david angel (X)
david angel (X)
david angel (X)
Local time: 12:23
French to English
+ ...
Mar 7, 2008

Hi. On trying to open a document in TagEditor I receive a message saying that there is a "sharing violation". On looking up TagEditor support on the SDL website, I discover that the help section, where you could search problems in a knowledgebase and which seemed to work well, has been replaced by another page which is far less helpful.
"Sharing violation" makes it sound as if the Word document has been protected in some way. Does anyone know of a solution? Or whether TagEditor Help really
... See more
Hi. On trying to open a document in TagEditor I receive a message saying that there is a "sharing violation". On looking up TagEditor support on the SDL website, I discover that the help section, where you could search problems in a knowledgebase and which seemed to work well, has been replaced by another page which is far less helpful.
"Sharing violation" makes it sound as if the Word document has been protected in some way. Does anyone know of a solution? Or whether TagEditor Help really has disappeared?
Collapse

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:23
German to Polish
+ ...
First close Word, than open in TE Mar 7, 2008

You are probably trying to open in TE a file, that is simultaneously opened in Word.
You have to close Word before opening the file in TE. After that you can open the file in Word, too.

Regards

Andrzej

david angel (X)
david angel (X)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unexpected Error using a plug-in filter Mar 7, 2008

Hi Andrzej.
Thanks for the help. I now get a message which says Unexpected error using a plug-in filter.
Any ideas?

david angel (X)
david angel (X)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Manual page and section breaks Mar 7, 2008

I have tried removing paragraph marks before manual page and section breaks. But that seems to make no difference. (The suggestion was in another post.)

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:23
English to Chinese
+ ...
Reboot the computer Mar 8, 2008

Sometimes this helps for unknown reasons.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sharing Violation when opening doc in TagEdior

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »