Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >
Happy International Translators Day!
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 04:40
SITE FOUNDER
Sep 30, 2005

From the staff of ProZ.com, Happy International Translators Day!

September 30 is International Translators' Day, and the International Federation of Translators has chosen to make "Rights of the Translator" its theme for the day. They write: "The right to express oneself in one’s language. The right to be served in one’s language. The right to information. The right to culture. The right to knowledge. The right to a fair trial. The right to legal aid. These rights, now known as human rights, could not be respected if no translator was present."

On this occasion, we would like to congratulate and thank you for your services as translators and for your contributions and support of the site--and industry--as ProZ.com members. From KudoZ to the Blue Board, at powwows and conferences, whether sharing daytime tips or offering late-night assistance, you have ushered in a new era of collaboration--and strength--for translators. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to dedicate ProZ.com to serving you.

The ProZ.com Team

Giles Bickford
Giles Bickford  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:40
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
Thank you, Henry Sep 30, 2005

Thanks you, Henry, for creating Proz.com and thereby givng us the tools for "sharing daytime tips or offering late-night assistance", for ushering "a new era of collaboration--and strength--for translators." Our working lives have become easier and even more sociable thanks to Proz.com and sites like it

[Edited at 2005-09-30 11:21]

tandream
tandream  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:40
English to Italian
+ ...
Happy day! Sep 30, 2005

Thank you... but I still have no job

Lise Berthiaume
Lise Berthiaume
Canada
English to French
Good day Sep 30, 2005

But I am still seaking for jobs. Not easy to find.

Lise

Nilgün Bayram (X)
Nilgün Bayram (X)  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 11:40
English to Turkish
+ ...
Thanks Sep 30, 2005

Thank you Henry and thanks to all the ProZ.com staff.

Happy International Translators Day to all the Prozians.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Welcome Lise and Andrea! Sep 30, 2005

Thank you... but I still have no job

Lise, Andrea, I notice you have both gone platinum this month. Welcome! Your profiles look good, you are both participating in KudoZ, and you have detailed fields in your profiles. Great start.

My advice to every new member who seeks that first ProZ.com job is to specialize. But apart from that, you must also make sure you charge enough for your services. Only you know what that rate is, but what is certain is that there is a rate at which you will be able to devote the time necessary to each job, and while doing so, realize the standard of living you want (with bread AND holidays AND things like insurance).

Some seek to get into the swing of things by pricing low. This strategy does not appear to work well here. It may be that the larger clients don't take seriously professionals that work below a certain level.

Good luck, Lise and Andrea. Let us know when you meet that first client via ProZ.com.

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 02:40
English to German
+ ...
Images Sep 30, 2005

I was thinking about posting an appropriate image, but there are too many. Just look for "St Jerome" in Google images or click here.

Although apart from the computer, the web, and ProZ.com it seems there have not been many changes in our working environment..

[Edited at 2
... See more
I was thinking about posting an appropriate image, but there are too many. Just look for "St Jerome" in Google images or click here.

Although apart from the computer, the web, and ProZ.com it seems there have not been many changes in our working environment..

[Edited at 2005-09-30 15:10]
Collapse

Dinny
Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 11:40
Italian to Danish
+ ...
Thanks ProZ.com! Sep 30, 2005

Giles put it so brilliantly so I'll just second that!

Dinny

Marcela García Henríquez
Marcela García Henríquez
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
HAPPY DAY EVERYBODY! Sep 30, 2005

And all the best wishes on your day, Translators of the World!

Marcela

[Edited at 2005-09-30 12:59]

Han Li
Han Li  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 16:40
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thank you! Sep 30, 2005

Happy day! Wishing all of you every success!
I have my first client now.
Service the needs of customers is my aim.

Aurora Humarán (X)
Aurora Humarán (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
Happy Day!!! Sep 30, 2005

Thanks to Henry for creating this great place.

Thanks to all my prozmates who make my life richer.

Au

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
My congratulations on this Birthday! Sep 30, 2005

Brandis

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:40
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Happy Translators Day Sep 30, 2005

Happy Translators Day to everyone!
Thank you Henry for creating ProZ.com and making it home for translators. This place many of us call home, helps us to get better every day.

To Lise and Andrea: It is difficult in the beginning. You are probably new in a profession that has been around for so long. You have to compete against professionals who have been working on this field for so long. It takes awhile to build your
... See more
Happy Translators Day to everyone!
Thank you Henry for creating ProZ.com and making it home for translators. This place many of us call home, helps us to get better every day.

To Lise and Andrea: It is difficult in the beginning. You are probably new in a profession that has been around for so long. You have to compete against professionals who have been working on this field for so long. It takes awhile to build your clientele, but do not be discouraged. I am sure you have something special to offer in this profession and if you persist, you will reap all the fruits of your hard work. Keep it up and welcome to ProZ.com. You are in the right place.

Monika
Collapse

Joanna Krahelska
Joanna Krahelska
Polish to English
+ ...
Thank you, Proz.com... Sep 30, 2005

... and Happy Translators Day to all!
the best, jk

Sara Núñez Jiménez
Sara Núñez Jiménez
English to Spanish
+ ...
Happy Day!!! Sep 30, 2005

Thanks everyone for all your share knowledge and thank Giles!!
I`m new in ProZ and I'm still guessing how everything works..
Have a great day!!
Sara.

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Happy International Translators Day!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »